Chapter 4: Mimicry

A/n: I've updated Hawaii and Alaska's statuses and Rhode Island and Georgia's powers. I probably shouldn't change stuff when I've already started publishing but oh well.
Italicized text means it's a flashback

"Try calling him again." Utah says to Texas.

"He ain't gonna answer." Texas responds.

"Just do it."

"Fine." Texas says then finds Alaska's contact and presses the call button then puts it on speaker.

"Hello?" Alaska answers.

"Why haven't you been answering?!"

"I was doing something."

"Is that something your girlfriend?"

"Shut up."

"I know that you're new at this but we need your help." Utah says.

"Where are you?" Alaska asks.

"My house." Texas says.

"Ok, I'm dealing with stuff right now. It might be a little bit."

"Ok. See ya when I see ya."

"Bye." Alaska says.

Texas hangs up. "Finally he answered."

~~~

New Jersey puts Alaska's phone down. "They think Alaska's helping them."

"That's how it's done." Nevada says then high fives Jersey. "Now, mind control." Nevada turns to DC. "The only reason I haven't killed you is because for my plan to work I need your powers so get to it. We're mind controlling the kids."

DC follows Nevada downs stairs.

"I believe you know what to do." Nevada says.

DC walks over to Alaska, his hand hovers over Alaska's forehead. "Wake up." Alaska's eyes open. "Are you ready to comply?"

"Yes." Alaska says emotionlessly.

DC goes over to Hawaii and does the same.

Nevada undoes their restraints, then looks at DC, "You've been redeemed. Good job."

~~~

"So why are you going to a different dimension, again?" Maryland asked Louisiana.

"Something feels off." Louie responded.

"So, you're going to go be a hero."

"I'm not a hero, Mary."

"You're going to a different dimension because something doesn't feel right and fixing it could save a ton of people. You're being a hero."

"No, I'm fixing it 'cause I don't like that it feels weird."

"Whatever, you're my hero."

"Anti-hero, sugar, I ain't a hero."

"Fine, if something happens here and I need your help, can I still call you?" Maryland asked.

"No, there won't be a connection." Louisiana explained, "But if you do need me, go to Texas, he can shrink between the molecules and get to the quantum realm. I'll sense the disturbance and find him."

"Ok, how long will you be gone?"

"Time is different in the quantum realm, so it might be five minutes for me but five days for you. But don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"Ok, I miss you already."

"I'll miss you too." Louisiana said then hugged Maryland.

"I love you, hon."

"I love you, too, sugar."

"We need Louie." Maryland says.

"Call him." Texas responds.

"I can't." Mary replied.

"Why not?"

"He's in the quantum realm."

"Say what?"

"He's in the quantum realm."

"And how are we supposed to contact him then?"

"He said that you can get there."

"I can." Texas replies, "But it's very dangerous. And I could get stuck."

"But Louie there, he can get you two out."

"Fine." Texas says with a sigh.