Chapter 2: Team-Building

A/n: I updated Maryland's powers and Florida's powers, status, and song if you want to look at them.

Utah picks up his phone and calls California but it goes to voicemail.

"Hi, California, this is an emergency please call me back when you get this. I think DC, Nevada, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island have teamed up. I need your help. Please call me back, thanks. Bye." Utah hangs up then calls Maryland.

"Hey, hon." Maryland answers the phone.

"Hi, Maryland-"

"You can call me Mary." Maryland cuts him off.

"Ok, Mary, where are you? California did pick up his phone, I left him a message."

"I'm at Texas', we're trying to get a hold of Alaska. Do you have a meeting place?"

"No. Not yet."

"Then just come here."

"Ok." Utah says then teleports to Texas' house. He's now standing right in front of Mary. "I'm going to, uh, hang up now."

"Yeah." Maryland responds. They both hang up at the same time.

"Any luck with Alaska?" Utah asks

"Nope, he won't answer his phone, I tried texting him. He left me on read." Texas responds, "Alaska only leaves me on read when he's mad at me."

"Did you do something to make him mad?" Maryland asks.

"No. I don't think so."

~~~

California gets shoved onto his bed by Nevada. Vada climbs on top of him, he leans down and kisses California, their lips move in sync.

Then California's phone starts ringing. Nevada pulls away and sits up so he's sitting on his knee between Cali's legs. California grabs his phone out of his back pocket. The caller ID reads 'Utah'.

"Who is it?" Nevada asks.

"Utah," Cali responds.

"Doesn't matter."

"Utah, never calls me, it's probably important."

"Doubt it." Nevada replies.

"I should answer it."

Nevada grabs the phone out of the Golden state's hand, "He can wait." He pushes decline and tosses the phone on the floor. Nevada leans down and starts kissing California again. Nevada's phone dings, Vada rolls his eyes as he pulls away. He grabs his phone, it's a text from DC.

DC
They're onto us

Nevada
I know

Nevada
On my way

Nevada puts his phone back in his pocket. "I gotta go."

"So your text matters but my call doesn't?!" California asks, annoyed.

"Yes." Nevada says the teleports away.

California rolls his eyes then gets up and grabs his phone off the floor. Utah left him a message he plays, "Hi, California, this is an emergency please call me back when you get this. I think DC, Nevada, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island have teamed up. I need your help. Please call me back, thanks. Bye."

"But Nevada was just here, has he been playing me?" California says to himself.

California calls Utah back.

"Hello." Utah answers.

"Hey, sorry, I was... Busy." California says.

"Yeah, you're good. We're at Texas' come quick."

"We?" Cali asks.

"Texas, Maryland, and I."

"Oh. See you in a minute."

"Bye." Utah says and hangs up. California puts his phone back in his pocket before teleporting to Texas's house.

~~~

Nevada whips the door on the warehouse open and slams it behind him. "So they know and who's fault is that?!" Nevada yells.

"I-" Mass starts.

"I said keep it low key! Mass smitings and atomic explosions are not LOW KEY! If I go down stairs and Hawaii and Alaska are no longer down there, I'm killing you two!" Nevada yells through clenched teeth and points at Massachusetts and DC.

Nevada walks to the basement door, he opens in. Alaska and Hawaii are still down there tied to tables. Nevada walked over to DC. "Is Texas dead?"

"No." DC mutters.

"What stopped you?!" Nevada yells.

"Maryland." DC scowls.

"You psychopaths don't listen! Don't make me sic Rhode Island on you!" Nevada yells.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"There won't be an 'again', next we plan our big attack on New York City."