Chapter 5: Kaleidoscope

Texas shrinks down then next thing he knows he in place that looks like a spinning kaleidoscope. He's head is spinning, once he regains focus he starts looking around. He can see a humanlike figure approaching him. As the figure gets closer he can tell who it is. Louisiana. Texas walks forward, Louie recognizes him, he waves and starts running towards Texas.

"I'm guessing Mary sent you." Louisiana says.

"Yeah, we need your help." Texas responds.

"What happened?" Louie asks.

"I'll tell you when we get out of here."

"Ok," Louie says then makes a circle with his arm and a ring of orange sparks form, in the middle is what looks like Texas' house. They walk through the portal, into the dinning room. As soon as Louisiana steps out of the portal Maryland runs to him. Louie wraps his arms around Maryland's waist, "I missed you, sugar."

"I missed you too, hon." Maryland responds then kisses Louisiana

"Aww." Utah coos.

Maryland and Louie look over at him.

"I ruined the moment. Sorry." 

Louie lets go of Maryland, "So what's happening?" 

"DC, Nevada, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island have teamed up," Utah explains.

"We need a code name for them, to make it shorter." Maryland says.

"The bad guys?" Utah offers.

"No, it needs to be cool." 

"Chillin' Villains." California says.

"Definitely not."

"The Fiendish Five, like the Sinister Six but there's only five of them." Louisiana responds with a smirk.

"Then, what are we?" Mary asks.

"The S-Force, like the X-Force but it stands for State-Force."

"I like it." 

"So, do we know what's happening?" Louisiana asks.

"Not a clue." Cali replies.

"Who's the tech person?"

"New York." California answers, "I'm good with tech too, but he's far better. He could get into their system, I can't."

"Then let's call him."

"He wouldn't help us." Maryland says, "He doesn't help anyone."

"Well great. Now what? Is anyone else helping?"

"Alaska, but he sound a bit off on the phone so something is up with him, and possibly Hawaii." Texas responds. "Do you think Georgia would help us?"

"Our dad-"

"He ain't my dad." Texas cuts Louie off.

"Look I know that you two had a falling out before you ran off to do your own thing but you have to admit that he's more like your dad than your real dad. You can't hold a grudge forever. You should probably apologize to him, he did everything for us."

"You're right." Texas mumbles.

"What was that?" Louisiana asks in a smartass tone and puts his hand behind his ear.

"I said you're right. I should apologize to dad. But do you think that he would help us?"

"He's retired and his powers take a toll on him. He doesn't want to fight anymore."

"We could at least tell him what's going on. If he doesn't know already."

"I guess, I haven't talk to him in a while either." Louie grabs his phone and finds Georgia's name. He sets his phone up against a book on the table before pressing the FaceTime button. A few seconds later Georgia appears on the screen holding a cup of coffee.

"Louisiana, it's been a while. It's good to see your face."

"Hi, dad." Louie waves.

"How's that boyfriend of yours that you never shut up about?"

Maryland walks into frame, "Aww, you told your dad about me?" He puts a hand over his heart, "I feel so loved."

Louie smiles and shakes his head.

"I bet you have embarrassing stories about him."

"I do." Georgia nods.

"After the Fiendish Five are defeated I need to hear all of them."

"Sure, who are the Fiendish Five?"

"Yeah, that's kinda what we called to tell you about." Louisiana says.

"DC, Nevada, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts teamed up." Utah says and steps into view.

"Is there anyone else in the room that I should know about?" Georgia asks. California and Texas step into view.

"Hi, dad." Texas says.

"Texas, didn't think ya were ever gonna talk to me again."

"I'm sorry, I don't even know what to say."

"That's ok, kid, what kind of dad would I be if I didn't forgive my son."

Texas smiles at his dad and he smiles back.

"So you guys called me because you need my help?" Georgia asks.

"No, we wanted to tell you what's going on." Louie says.

"Why, you need to take them down."

"We don't know where they are or what they're planning."

"Well good luck." Georgia says.

Maryland's phone starts ringing. He grabs it out of his pocket, the name reads 'New York'.