Chapter 9: Armor

"I have to get my armor, I'll meet you guys in New York City." Utah says. 

"You got it." Maryland says with finger guns. 

"You are so bisexual." New York mutters and rolls his eyes. 

"Yes, thank you." Mary says and looks up at New York with a smile. 

The room goes silent for a solid thirty seconds. "So are we gonna go or what? " California asks. 

"Yeah, let's go." Maryland says then vanishes. 

Utah teleports away, he's now standing at his front door. He reaches for the door handle, before he can grab it, the door flings open. 

"You're back!" Ilithyia exclaims and throws her arms around her husband. 

"Not for long, the fight hasn't even begun yet."

"Why are you here?" 

"I need to get my armor and say goodbye to my beautiful wife and kids in case I don't come back."

"Don't say that, you're going to come back." Ilithyia cups Utah's face. 

"I-"

"Promise me you'll come back." Ilithyia says with tears running down her cheeks. 

"I can't-"

"Promise me." Ilithyia says more sternly. 

"I promise," Utah says then kisses his wife. 

The triplets run into the room. "Daddy, you're home!" Jayden yells and jumps into her father's arms. 

"I have to go back but I will come back home."

"No, don't go." Brayden says then clings to Utah's leg and Kayden grabs his other leg. 

"I have to, it's my job."

"Please come back," Kayleigh says as she walks into the room with Jaxon and Kingsley. "I don't want to lose my dad."

Utah puts Jayden down and gets Kayden and Brayden off of his legs. He walks over to Kayleigh and puts his hand on her cheek. "You won't lose me." Utah kisses her forehead. 

Kayleigh hugs her dad and cries into his chest. When Utah pulls away, Kayleigh runs to her mom. 

Kingsley hugs Utah, "I hope you save the world, I'm rooting for you."

"Me too." Utah says then pulls away from the hug. He hugs Jaxon, "Jax, protect your mom and siblings for me, okay."

"Ok. I love you, dad." Jaxon says with a sad smile. 

"I love you too." Utah replies, he pulls away. "I have to go do my job, I promise I'll be back."

Play Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons

Utah goes down stairs, there is a vault door on the furthest wall. He puts in the combination and the door unlocks. Utah pulls the door open. On the wall of the vault, his magic armor hangs. It's pure white quartz and has a faint glow. His sheathed sword is also hanging on the wall. He forgot to tell the others about the sword. It's a Gladius Sword, it's blade is made of pure light. Utah named it Trinity. 

Utah grabs the chest plate off of the wall, he manages to get it on by himself. As soon as he puts it on he can feel the familiar feeling of his wings that his armor gives him, they feel new but old at the same time. He puts on the vambraces and greaves. The armor is heavier then he remembers, he's surprised it still fits. Utah grabs his sword and buckles the sword belt around his waist. 

Utah walks out of the vault and pushes the door closed. He walks back up the stairs. He tells his family bye before walking out the door. 

"Don't you die on me." Ilithyia says. 

"If I do I'll walk it off." Utah replies and spreads his wings. He flies up then teleports mid-flight.