One summer ~ one direcrion

I've never written on here before, hope you guys like it!

...............................................................

I've never been to excited for the summer, it had always been a let down. Every year I got pumped for it, then my friends went on vacation and my sisters went on vacation with their friends and I was all alone.

This year was going to be different though. My mom had planned for us to go to the beach. I was so excited! I had never gone to the beach before. My mom used to go with her best friend when they were young and she was hoping to meet them there.

"Katie! Are you almost ready?" My mom called up the stairs.

"Yeah mom, I just have to get my suit case to zip!" I shouted back.

My phone vibrated and I quickly checked to see who it was.

Oh my gosh! It was louis from like, years ago. I hadn't talked to him, seen him, or even heard about him since I was 7. He had always been my friend, but as we got older, we drifted away.

The text said " Hey! I haven't talked to you in so long! I heard you would be in England? Stop by sometime, yeah?"

I didn't think he even had my number. I had his from when he was younger, but I never texted him because I thought he would have got a new phone by now. I guess not.

"Hey!" I texted back, my fingers flying over the keys. "How did he hear about me?" I texted. No. I thought. Delete delete delete. I started over. "Hey! It has been a long time! Ill try to stop by. Where do you even live now?" Send

I stuffed my phone in my back pocket and finished packing up the last of my stuff. I rolled my suitcase down the stairs very loudly.

"I'll be in the car!" My dad yelled "Shut the door behind you!"

We were going to drive to the beach. What a long ride. 5 hours away. Why weren't we taking a plane? Because my sisters were afraid to fly.

"You're in the middle." My 12 year old sister said as I through my bags in the trunk, and swung open the door.

"I'm 16, 5'6 and weigh three times your weight. Scoot." I glared at my little sister. Not only did I have to share my life. the car and our hotel room with her. I had to do the same with my littler sister. I didn't mind as much with her because she was adorable. Only 2 years old and so sweet.

"Mom. Why can't I drive my car ill take Liz with me." I whined.

"Think of all that gas!" My mom stared at me. I glared back.

"I'll pay." I was willing to do anything.

"How will you get there without getting lost." Not one muscle in her face moved.

"I have a GPS on my phone an I'll drive right behind you. If we get separated I'll call." I could tell I was breaking her when she looked at dad.

"Fine." That's all mom said. That's all I needed. I grabbed Liz and our stuff out of the trunk and hopped into my car.

"Wait!" My dad called after me.

Oh no.

"If you have to call, pull of to the side of the road and onto a safe place. And if you run out of gas go around us and blink your blinkers 3 times." My dad rolled up his window and started to pull out of the drive way.

Good lord, how much more precise could he have been?

"Ready Lizzy?" I asked as we pulled out after dad

"Ready!" She smiled toothily at me.

..............................................................