Chapter 14: Indigo Patton

Adrogale, Iucan
March 3, 1004

-~•~-

Later, on the night of March 3, 1004, Daryll sat down and peered at three delicious pies.

First there was a strawberry pie, which promised to be extraordinarily sweet, and sure, it wasn't easy on Daryll's sweet tooth, but it was quite scrumptious, and nothing ever had changed that fact.

Second, there was a meat pie, which promised to be extraordinarily dull. The meat pie never had much flavor to it, but it would stop the strawberry pie's aftertaste of ultimate sweetness, and it was a good steady source of protein for him.

Third, and finally, there was a blueberry pie. It was dull like the meat pie, but sweet like the strawberry pie. It was just perfect, and it was Daryll's personal favorite. Daryll quickly for some reason remembered one of the customers that had recently bought a meat pie and blueberry pie. Daryll guessed the man just randomly had good taste in pies.

So Daryll set each pie in front of the window and started eating the strawberry pie. The flavor was nothing less than perfect, and even the sweetness of it didn't bother him much this time.

Then Daryll walked back to the window and picked up the meat pie. He didn't notice the slight difference between his pie and a stranger's pie, a stranger who was currently lurking outside his window, watching him carefully.

Daryll reached in and started hastily eating it, and started gulping it down until suddenly something hit the middle of his throat and he started not being able to breathe.

The man scratched at his neck desperately, still in complete shock that he was choking on what felt like a bone in the meat pie.

Daryll quickly started getting his hands and going through the meat pie to see if any of those other bones were in there, and eventually his hand touched upon a small, slimy, round object. He picked it up and looked at it, seeing that it was an eyeball. He immediately screamed and put it back down. It was specifically a brown-colored eyeball. It looked frighteningly similar to someone's eyeball, that someone being a figure of his past, that someone being Mark Scotch.

He thought of that stranger again before his death, and as the stranger said, "these pies might be the death of ya". They were going to be the death of Daryll, it was as if that stranger knew that the bone was in the pie. But that was impossible, why would that stranger want to kill Daryll?

After one last attempt to cough out the bone, Daryll Hop was soon found dead in his chair the next morning by the woman who ran the bakery, his head face-down into the meat pie, fork still in his right hand, and the stranger, Daryll's stalker, still watching, always watching.

(481 words)