Luke Holland (The Word Alive)

Band: The Word Alive

Band Member: Luke Holland

Dedicated to lvkeholland

Rory's P.O.V.

I was jamming out to one of my favorite bands, The Story So Far, as I started to get ready for a party that my friend Angel invited me to later tonight.

I hum along to the song Things I Can't Change while I look through my closet for a cute outfit that I can wear to the party.

I eventually end up with a plain white crop top, black ripped skinny jeans, and my black combat boots that I wear almost everyday.

I usually don't wear that much makeup besides mascara, but since I'm going to a party, I decide to also apply eyeshadow, eyeliner, and some sparkly lipgloss to my face.

The next thing I do is curl my hair into loose waves before I add some bracelets onto my wrists.

I look myself over in the bathroom mirror to make sure I look fine before turning my curling iron off, and grabbing my phone.

I send Angel a quick text letting her know I'm ready so she can come pick me up. I walk out of my bedroom and sit down on the couch that's in the living room before I start to look through my news feed on Instagram as I wait for my best friend.

It takes Angel about fifteen minutes until she finally arrives to my place so we can start making our way to the party.

"Hey Rory, you look cute today. And your also wearing a lot of more makeup than you usually do... What's up with that?" Angel gives me a quick glance and laughs before she drives out of my houses driveway.

"What? Can't I look really nice for a party?" I say while shrugging my shoulders.

"No, it's just that all the parties we've been to before, you've never really put that much effort into your clothes and makeup. I'm not saying that you looked bad or anything to all the parties that we've been to in the past" Angel tells me.

"Mhmm... Sure. And I don't know really, I was just in the mood to look extra nice tonight" I look at my friend before I turn my head around and start to look out the cars window.

"You know, you never really told me who's party we're going to" I speak up after a few minutes of silence.

"That's because I don't know who the person is either. All I know is that it's some dude that goes to my older brothers college" Angel explains before she turns the radio on and starts to look through all the radio stations until she finds one she likes.

"Oh, I see. So, we're going to a college party huh?" I look back at her as my lips start to form in a grin.

"Correct. Which means there's going to be lots and lots of cute college guys" Angel grins back at me.

"High school guys are cute... College guys are smoking hot" I correct her.

"Okay, your one hundred percent right about that Rory" Angel lets out a small laugh.

The rest of the car ride to the party, we blast the music that's playing on the radio and sing along to each song that comes on at the top of our lungs.

"Wow, this house is freaking huge! There's soo many people here already" I exclaim once Angel parks her car somewhere by the house.

"I know. This house is as big as a mansion. Whoever owns this house must be filthy rich!" Angel says as the two of us start to walk inside the very crowded house.