Dani Nelli (Upon This Dawning)

Band: Upon This Dawning
Band Member: Dani Nelli
Dedicated to @MusicisAwesome29
(My edit of Upon This Dawning up on the top😈).
Max's P.O.V.
I was in a deep sleep until I heard my one year old daughter Alice start to cry in the middle of the night.
I slowly got out of bed as I let out a groan, before making my way to my daughters bedroom across the hall from me.
I was surprised to see that Dani was already in the room trying to calm her down, and of course he succeeds like always.
"Hey, what are you doing up?" I groggily ask him since my eyes can barely stay open, and I'm dead tired.
"I can't sleep" is all he says while shrugging his shoulders.
"Do you... Do you want to maybe come sleep in my room?" I nervously ask him.
"Only if you want me to" Dani tells me while slightly smiling down at Alice.
"If it helps to get you some rest, then yes" I smile at him as he carefully places Alice back down in her crib, and follows me into my bedroom.
Dani and I usually sleep in each other's rooms whenever we're having a hard time sleeping. The main reason we have such a hard time getting is rest because ever since my boyfriend (Alice's dad) passed away in a car crash, we both have gotten nightmares almost every night of the incident. Whenever we sleep with each other, the nightmares instantly go away.
My boyfriend was a really good friend of Dani's, and I was head over heels in love with him. That explains why we get these nightmares of him almost every single night... Even though it's been almost a year since his passing.
Over the time period of him being gone, I've been developing some feelings towards Dani...
It's pretty weird since I've known Dani ever since I was a little kid... And I've never felt this way about him before until now.
"Hey, is it okay if I hold you tonight Max?" Dani whispers into my ear, completely interrupting me from my thoughts.
"Dani, how long have we known each other? You should know by now that I don't mind" I tell him while he doesn't even bother to respond.
Instead he pushes me against his chest, and wraps his arms around my small body, before we both fall in a deep slumber.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"So I was thinking that maybe we should go out tonight" Dani tells me once I'm done feeding Alice.
"Go out like where?" I raise a eyebrow at him.
"Well the boys are having a few of our other friends over at Teo's house tonight. Like you know we can chill and catch up with them" Dani says while taking a sip out of his water bottle.
"So there's going to be alcohol and drugs involved?" I ask him even though I already know the answer.
"Come on, its us... You know the answer to that is yes" Dani grins and let's out a chuckle.
"Then no" I simple say.
"What? Why not? Don't you want to have some fun?" Dani gives me a confused look.
"I don't have time to have fun anymore. I haven't partied since I became pregnant with Alice. Plus I can't take Alice with me to Teo's house if people are going to be smoking and drinking" I shake my head and take my daughter up in my arms.
"Don't you think I already know that?".
"Then what are we going to do with Alice?".
"Relax. I already called my mom and asked if she could watch Alice for the night, and she said it was no problem" Dani gives me a smile as I shrug my shoulders as in saying I don't know.
"C'mon, please? Don't you want to relax and have fun for at least one night? I know you want toooo" Dani playfully nudges my shoulder.
"Dani, I simply don't know okay? I haven't been out in so long... My life has changed ever since Alice was born. I'm not that crazy girl who used to go out and partied every weekend anymore" I let out a sigh.
"I know you aren't. But I also know you deserve one night to just relax and not have to worry about Alice. Am I right?" Dani asks while placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah I guess your right..." I finally admit while looking into his eyes.
"That's my girl" Dani smiles while wrapping a arm around my shoulder, and giving both Alice and I a kiss on the cheek.
Which of course made me blush like crazy, so I look away before he can catch it.
"I'm going to go call the guys and tell them we're coming. So while I'm doing that you should start getting ready" Dani says while I just nod my head, and walk into my bedroom.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
After I'm all finished with packing a bag for Alice, and getting her dressed, I finally start to get myself ready for the night.
I get dressed into some black skinny jeans, a dark blue crop top, and my black combat boots.
I leave my hair down while my makeup only consists of mascara, light eyeshadow, and some lipgloss.
Once I'm done with everything, I go leave all of Alice's stuff in the car before going back upstairs into Dani's room, with of course Alice still in my arms.
"Hey, are you ready?" I ask him as he's looking at his reflection in the mirror.
"Yeah, how do I look?" He turns and looks at me.
"You look great" I tell him truthfully with a wide smile on my face.
"I can say the same for you" Dani sends me a wink while looking me up and down.
"Thanks" I quietly say.
"You sure are one hot mom" he whispers into my ear once he's right beside me.
"Shut up" I roll my eyes as he starts to laugh while we walk out of the house, and get into our black Range Rover.
The whole way to Dani's mothers house, Alice is peacefully sleeping in the back while Dani is blaring Crown The Empire out the stereo.
It's weird how Alice can manage to sleep with this loud music blasting out the speakers. But I guess she's used to it since heavy music is basically the only thing that Dani and I listen to.
After we drop Alice off at Dani's moms house, it takes us about ten minutes until we arrive to Teo's and the guys house.
"I hope this is all worth leaving Alice at your moms house" I tell Dani as we walk the front steps to the house.
"Don't worry, it will be" he assures me before he knocks on the door.
Not even a second later, Teo swings the door wide open and engulfs Dani in one of those bro hugs.
"Nice to see you too man" Dani laughs as they separate.
"It's been a while since we last hung out" Teo tells him before looking over at me.
"Well hello stranger" he greets me with that famous smirk of his.
"Hey asshole" I smirk right back.
"I see you got even more bitchy since the last time I've seen you" Teo remarks while I just nod and act proud of myself.
"But seriously, come here. It's been so long" he says while opening his arms wide.
I smile as I'm his embrace, and like usual, he smells like cologne and smoke.
"Come inside. I'm pretty sure Matty and Chris want to see you guys" Teo takes a step back to let us into his beautiful home.
When Chris and Matty finally land their eyes on us, of course they run up to Dani and attack him in a group hug.
Leaving me standing alone on the side like a loner... Which I am anyways so..
"Hey Max. Long time no see. How have you been?" Chris gives me a hug while flashing me a friendly smile.
"I've been better. And you?" I smile back.
"Better now that you and Dani are here".
"Whatever. Your lying" I laugh.
"Nah, he's telling the truth" Matty speaks up as he gives me a hug as well.
"Well I'm glad to be back here with you guys too" I tell them before Teo and Dani call us over to the living room.
"So who's up for a game of Truth or Dare?" Teo asks us with a grin plastered on his face like always.
"What are we? Are we in middle school again?" I ask while trying not to laugh.
"Haha very funny but no. There's a twist to it. Whenever somebody choses truth instead of date, they'll have to take a shot of vodka" he says while looking back and fourth between us.
"Let's do this then!" Matty says as we all take a seat on the leather couches and wait for someone to begin the game.
"Okay. I'll go first" Teo says before picking on Matty and asking him if he choses truth or dare.
"Dare duh" Matty says before Teo dares him to take two shots of vodka.
The next round Matty choses Chris and of course he says Dare as well.
Matty dared him to call up his girlfriend and pretend to break up with her.
It didn't turn out too great since she got really pissed off at him when she found out it was all a joke. I wouldn't blame her.
Next Chris chose Teo and dared him to take six shots, but Teo didn't mind at all.
Typical Teo Botticini.
I started to become a little nervous when Teo asked Dani on wither he picks truth or dare. Since I know if Dani choses dare (which he most likely will), he'll involve me in the dare somehow.
"I dare you too kiss Max on the lips for at least ten seconds" Teo smirks right at me as my face goes pale.
"Wait, what?" Dani gives his friend a weird look.
"You heard me bro" is all Teo says as leans back.
I quickly give Teo the middle finger before Dani looks over at me with a unreadable look on his face.
I swear Teo can be such a asshole sometimes.
"You don't have to do this if you don't want to" dani quietly tells me so no one else can hear, even though all of their eyes are right on us.
"No it's fine. Don't worry about it" I wave it off like its no big deal.
"Well okay then" Dani says before slowly leaning in and carefully placing his lips on mine.
I instantly start to kiss back and start to feel my whole body get goose bumps from our lips touching one another.
Before I know it, Teo is telling us that it's already been ten seconds and Dani is already pulling away.
As cliche as it sounds, I felt major fireworks go off on those few seconds of his soft lips on mine.
"Okay so max it's your turn. Truth or dare?" Teo looks over at me.
"Truth" I shrug my shoulders, not really caring about this stupid childish game.
"Okay you know the rules. Take a sip" he says handing me the half empty bottle of vodka in his hands.
I roll my eyes before I take a sip of the strong alcohol and hand it back to him.
"So is it true that you have feelings towards Dani?" He asks me while Dani looks straight at me.
"Never mind I choose dare" I say glaring at him.
"I dare you to answer my question" he quickly says.
"You know what, fuck this. I don't have to answer anything" I hiss while standing up.
"Hey Max it's okay. You can answer the question" Dani stands up and places a hand on my arm.
"Fine. Yes I do have feelings towards Dani" I sigh and look away from him.
"Really?" Dani asks me while smiling.
"Yeah" I shyly admit.
"Hey, there's no need to be nervous about this. Wanna know why? Because Max I have had feelings ever since you got Pregnant with Alice" Dani explains to me.
"Are you telling the truth?" I ask, not believing him.
"Would I lie to you?".
"No" I smile as he lowers both of his hands down to my waist, and presses his forehead against mine.
"Kiss me" is all he says before our lips move in sync with one another.
"I'm really glad I came here now" I tell him once we pull apart.
"Me too Max. Me too".