Betty x Veronica

this is shit

Betty POV:

I stood in the halls of Riverdale High as I watched them flood with students from South Side High.

"Betty look at me" she said softly, caressing her hand over my cheek and gently pulling my face so I was facing her.

I looked into her eyes, seeing how worried she was for me. I was worried about myself too. I need to be okay.

"Put on a pretty smile, don't look at him and show him that you're doing perfect" she smiled at me, continuing to caress my cheek. I let my head rest in her hand as I closed my eyes for a moment.

"Okay" I said as I opened my eyes and put a smile on my face. She let go of my cheek and I held my head up.

Sweet Pea, my ex boyfriend, would be joining the school today. We broke up about a month ago and the emotions and pain are still very, very real. He destroyed me.

Things in our relationship were perfect. Every single thing about us were perfect. He had never in his life had perfect, so that's why he fucked it up. No one in his life had ever loved him as much as I did, yet when I gave him my everything, he dumped me. He thought it was weird and suspicious that nothing bad happened between us. So he broke up with me. He said he didn't trust me and that I was playing him.

Veronica and I walked to her locker and then mine, getting out our stuff for a double lesson of English. One of the worst yet best subjects. The teacher is absolutely amazing, but their is so much work yet so little time to do it all. Plus, you could say I'm a little lazy.

Veronica and I took a seat in our usual spots, in the back left corner. She sat by the window and I sat by her side.

"If he makes us do any work today, I will simply just not" she said making me chuckle.

For the first term and a half, we rarely did any work in class as he'd spend the lesson talking to us the whole time. Last week he actually made us do work in class and it was a real shock to the system.

"You didn't even do the work he wanted us to do" I smirked as I raised an eyebrow at her.

"So, I still felt betrayed" she said as she furrowed her eyebrows, making me chuckle.

The teacher and other students entered the room, filling up the seats. Who I saw enter in last made my blood boil. Sweet Pea with some bitch wrapped around him.

I felt as Veronica tapped my arm. I couldn't take my eyes off of him and this girl. She was wearing his Serpent jacket, the one he would give me on every single date. The one where he would give me fake pouts whenever I wasn't wearing it.

"Betty don't do this to yourself" she said to me but I didn't bother to look at her.

The girl was shorter than Sweet Pea, shorter than me. Sweet Pea always said I was the perfect height, so perfect for him to wrap his arms around me. He didn't love her, there was no way he could. He would be holding her a lot closer, kissing her head to assert dominance over her in this new environment.

He doesn't love her the way he loved me. He made sure everyone knew that we were together and more than happy. But look at him, his arms were by his side and she was the one making contact with him, not the other way around.

I felt a pain in my leg, immediately making me look to my left. I saw Veronica holding a pen, it's lid still on.

"Did you just stab me?" I asked her with a confused expression forming on my face.

"The lid was on, so technically no. You weren't listening to me" she said as she put her pen down and gave me an evil sort of smile. I let out a small chuckle as I shook my head.