Betty x Sweet Pea Part 1

Guys, girls and they's, it's my birthday today <3

Betty POV:

"Pick out a partner and start putting together your tents" a teacher told us after we had finished listening to the camp leader's instructions.

It's our last year at Riverdale High and to celebrate that, our school decided that camping was the best option. If I had to camp to save my life, I think I'd just take the bullet. I don't belong outside, building tents, doing hikes and biking. I belong in an air conditioned room with access to reliable internet.

I looked to the people in my group and let out an internal sign. I think the school hates me. They put me with the sporty people, people I don't ever really talk to, or even like.

"Cooper, me and you" Sweet Pea said and I nodded my head.

Sweet Pea is one of the people in my boyfriend Jughead's friend group. He and I aren't really that close but we have no problem being in each other's company.

"Thank you" I said with relief.

"There is no way I'm tolerating any of those assholes" he whispered to me as we walked over to get the tent set.

"How shit is it? We get paired with these people and all of our friends are in the one group" I said and he chuckled.

"The school is against us" he said.

He picked up the tent kit and we walked back to our area.

"There are mats for you guys to sleep on over by the water jugs. One of you guys need to get that for you and your partner" one of the camp leaders spoke.

"I'll do it" I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"You're really going to leave me to do this alone?" He said to me.

"I'd be more useless if I stayed" I smirked as I walked off, catching up to Veronica.

"How's your perfect group?" I asked her.

Veronica and everyone else I consider to be really good friends of mine were placed in one group. But I'm left with the sporty people. I am glad I do have Sweet Pea though, at least I won't be alone and uncomfortable.

"Perfect" she smirked, making me roll my eyes playfully.

"Who's in your tent?" I asked as I went to pick up two mats.

"I'm with Toni, how about you?" She asked as we began walking back.

"Sweet Pea" I told her.

"It could be worse" she said and I chuckled.

We each headed our separate ways back to our campsite area. I saw Sweet Pea who had actually done a decent amount and it looked right.

"I'm impressed" I said as I placed the mats on the ground and helped him put the top over the tent.

"Who would have thought, I'm so good at everything" he said cockily.

"Did you make sure to check if there were any rocks before you pitched the tent?" I asked him. He looked to me wide eyed as his jaw slightly dropped.

"Yes" he said, very unconvincingly.

"Sweets" I groaned playfully.

"I'm sure it's okay, if it was something that was going to be a problem we would have already noticed it while we were standing in this area" he said and I slowly nodded my head, not believing a word he was saying.

"Everyone finish up what you're doing and start getting ready for your first activity" one of the teachers yelled out to everyone.

For Sweet Pea and I's group our first activity was rafting. It's definitely not the worst activity we have. I could tolerate it, but hiking, biking and everything else I would never do in my right mind, absolutely not for me.