Betty x Sweet Pea

make sure to vote and comment

Betty POV:

Sam: can I talk to you for a second Betty? She asked from the nurses desk.

It's a large area in the middle of my hospital level that holds all important files and everything else required.

Betty: sure. I said.

My resident followed behind me but Sam gave me a hesitant look.

Sam: just you Betty. She said. I gave her a weird look.
Betty: Sarah can you go check on the patient in room two please? She nodded her head and walked off.

Sam led me into the doctors and nurses lounge where it was just the two of us.

Sam: have a seat. She said.
Betty: what's going on? You're really worrying me. I said.
Sarah: I just got information on your next patient, if you want him. She said.
Betty: I would never turn down a patient, what's wrong with him? I asked confusedly.
Sam: he fell from a roof. He's conscious but in some pain. She said.
Betty: he'll need a head CT and possibly has a broken rib, so an x-ray of his chest. Sam, that really isn't that hard to deal with. I told her. She let out a sigh.
Sam: it's Sweet Pea. She said.
Betty: what?! I said.

Sweet Pea is my husband. I've been married to him for the past 5 years and we've been together since we were 16. 

Sam: Betty it's like you said, it's simple procedures that you need to take. I can always transfer him to Dr. Choi- She started but I instantly stopped her.
Betty: I want to look after my husband. I said and she nodded her head.

Due to this being a non fatal injury, I'm able to be his doctor. If the situation were to be fatal, he would have to be in the care of another doctor. It's to make sure we don't do something that we'll later regret as we're not thinking straight.

Sam: he should be here in the next minute. She said so I walked out.

I went into room two and pulled out Sarah.

Sarah: is everything okay? She asked just as Sweet Pea was wheeled in on a gurney by two paramedics.

Betty: follow me. I said.

We raced over to my husband and I saw my baby boy Mason sitting on the gurney.

As they wheeled him into a spare room, I picked up Mason and held him as I walked into the room.

Betty: please tell me baby, are you okay? I said as I smothered him in kisses.
Mason: I'm good mummy, look what uncle Jug gave me. He said as he pulled out a lollipop from his pocket. I smiled, holding him tight.
Betty: isn't uncle Jug very nice for that? Did you say thank you? I asked and he nodded his head.

I turned to my brother Jughead who is a paramedic as the other paramedic went to talk to Sam.

Betty: how is he? I asked as I placed Mason down in a chair.
Sweet Pea: why are you acting like I'm dead? He groaned.
Jughead: he's fine Betts, actually, he's pretty terrified of your reaction. He snickered.
Sweet Pea: I told you that in confidence. He mumbled.
Betty: oh, he should be. I glared at Sweet Pea. Jughead laughed.
Jughead: text me how he is, I'll talk to you later. He said as he walked out.

I turned to Sarah who stood there awkwardly, not really sure what was going on.

Betty: Sarah, this is my husband Sweet Pea and my son Mason. I smiled, she nodded her head, understanding the situation.
Mason: can I eat my lollipop please mum? He asked and I nodded my head.

As Mason was focused on his lollipop, I walked over to one side of Sweet Pea while Sarah went to the other.

Sweet Pea: okay since there is someone else in the room, you can't kill me. He said making Sarah laugh. I smirked.
Betty: tell me how it happened. I asked as I pulled out my stethoscope and placed it under his shirt and against his skin.
Betty: deep breaths in and out. I said.
Sweet Pea: well Mason got another ball stuck on the roof and we didn't have any others left. He said as he took a deep breath in.
Sweet Pea: so I decided I might as well get them all down. He said as he breathed out.