Chapter 37

It was a week after the proposal. I still couldn't believe it.
"I'm heading out to Patrick's house. He's having a couple friends over. Don't worry- I won't be drinking." He laughs
"Good because it's late. Be careful. I love you" I say kissing him as he heads out the door. I walk over to the couch and sit down. I turn on highlights from yesterday's games.

After about an hour, I got hungry so I decided to call Katherine.
"Up for pizza?" She asked right as she answered.
"That's exactly what I was thinking!!!" We both laughed.
"Great! See you in 20?"
"Perfect. Bye Katie" we hung up and I went to change. I put in black leggings and a sweatshirt from a cheerleading team I was on last year. I went into the bathroom and put on mascara. When my phone buzzed. It was a text from my brother.
"What's up? Come back home to Dallas. I miss you!!!"
"Hey Kyle. How about next weekend I'll fly out?"
"Omg yay!"
"I have to go, love you" and with that I threw my phone in my purse. I waited for Katherine to get here. It seemed like forever since I was so hungry.

"So... Your pretty excited to be Madison Toews?" She asked on the way to the pizza place.
"You wouldn't believe how excited I am. I just... I just love him so much. He's basically all I think about." I said laughing.
"Well you guys are adorable."
"Thanks!!! I totally ship you and Tyler." Katherine was dating Tyler Seguin, we moved here from Dallas a couple months ago and they miss each other a lot. Tyler was just here for a game against Chicago. I obviously knew Tyler pretty well. He was one of my brothers best friends.
"I SERIOUSLY MISS HIM!!!" She screamed
"Me too. But I mean I can't imagine being away from my boyfriend for that long..."
"It's hard. But anyway were here."

After dinner Katie dropped me off.
"Thanks for dinner! See you tomorrow?"
"Yeah... I'll call you in the morning. Bye." I said running through the cold chicago air into Jonathan's apartment. I decided to call him.
"Hey babe. What's up?" I was surprised he answered on the first ring.
"Nothing... Just had some pizza with Katie."
"Alright cool. I'm leaving pretty soon."
"Okay" I replied. I heard some muffling and swearing, and then Patrick's voice.
"Hey Maddie!!!" Patrick said excitedly.
"Uh hi patrick. What's up?"
"You know just- just... My usual stuff, like cool stuff." He was obviously drunk.
"Very cool."
"Give me the cat!!! I want to take him for a walk!!!" I heard patrick say to someone In the background as he set the phone down. I just laughed.
"Hey it's Andrew Shaw... I just wanted to tell you that Jon didn't drink anything. Like you know beer or alcohol. He's not drunk and so yeah."
"Okay great. See you tomorrow!" I said.
"Okay bye Maddie!" He said.
"It's your boyfriend now... Not those weirdos."
"Hey." I laughed.
"Okay I'm leaving now. I love you Mads"
"Love you baby." And with that I hung up. I walked over to the couch and fell asleep.

About 15 minutes later I got a call. It was the call that changed my life. I would never be the same.