Chapter 21

The cops finally burst down the door with their guns out.
"What's going on here" they shout as the paramedics take jonathan. Patrick explains what happen to the cops as the unchain me. Thank god. Right after we explain, we rush to the hospital.
"Excuse me nurse, where is jonathan Toews room?"
"He isn't allowed visitors" she says to me and Patrick. I bury my face in my hands.
"Hey Madison... Listen hes the strongest guy I know, he'll be okay." Patrick says seriously. All of a sudden the lights start flashing and sirens go off. I hear the nurses walkie talkie say
"Nurse to room 108" patrick and I step against the wall. Then I see him, on the hospital bed, being rushed down the hall. I try to run after him but Patrick is holding me back.
"No please not him... PLEASE" I pray to myself trying to get free from Patrick.
"Just try to stay calm..." He says as a tear rolls down his face. He wraps his arms around me and I just cry.
"Are you guys here for mr. Toews...?" She looks directly at Patrick.
"Uh yes. Yes we are" he says.
"I'm sorry... His heart stopped. He's in surgery right now. He has a 50/50 chance." I lose it and collapse to the ground.
"Madison, jonathan would want you to be strong like him" Patrick says reassuringly.
"Yeah" I say wiping my eyes. I walk over to the chairs and Patrick follows. I instantly fall asleep hoping for the best.