Chapter 36

I walk into the United center with Amanda Bickell. I had my TOEWS jersey on, I didn't have any other ones.
"Tonight's gonna be a GREAT game!!!" She practically screams.
"Haha yes it will." We walk to our seats. Next to the bench as always. Warmups start and I see Jonathan skating his warm up laps. He looks so good in his hockey gear.
"So what did you and the captain do today? It's your anniversary right?" Amanda asks.
"Yes. Yes, it's our 10 month anniversary. We skated earlier and then went to dinner."
"Wow! It's been 10 months?"
"I guess it has." Just as I say that Jonathan skates up to the boards and blows me a kiss. I hear a couple of girls scream as he comes up to the boards, I've learned to ignore it. After that, him and patrick practice a few passes, and then they get off the ice.

It's intermission, the third period is starting in 20 minutes.
"Come with me to say hi to my friend. She's an ice girl so we have to go over there." Amanda says motioning down to the door the Zamboni enters and exits the ice.
"Uh okay"

We get down there and the lights go out and the big screen turns on,
"Ladies and gentlemen please direct your attention to the big screen." I could tell it was patrick. The doors in front of me opened. I assumed for the Zamboni. I see Jonathan pop up on the big screen with his hair ruffled, the way I liked it. He was in his jersey, but I could tell this wasn't live.
"Madison Dayton, I remember the day we met. 10 months ago today." I already started crying.
"I remember seeing you, and I knew you were the one. Your funny, smart, kind, and stunningly gorgeous. I have never fallen for anyone so fast... But Mads, your my everything. I can't imagine loving anyone else. I can't even begin to tell you how much you mean to me. You've seen me at my worst and at my best. No one understands me like you do. I can't tell you where I would be without you. You have changed me forever. And Madison I love you so much. You have no idea how fast my heart beats when i see you. I can look at you and smile for no reason. Everyday I spend with you, becomes the best days of my life. I don't exactly get to see you as much as I like, but we somehow make it work. I will wait for you, because I don't want anyone else. I don't think either of us planned for this to happen, but I'm so happy it did. I can't get you off of my mind, and Madison I will never love someone the way I love you." The lights go off, but then a single light shines on jonathan who is standing on the center of the ice. Amanda nudges me out there. I meet him half way. As he picks me up and spins me around.
"Jonathan- I... I Lo-" I say completely sobbing.
"Haha I know. I love you more." He sets me down onto the ice. There is a tiny microphone in his jersey. And then the moment I have been dreaming of my life, happens. Jonathan Toews is on one knee in front of me. I place my hands over my mouth and lose it. I'm still sobbing.
"Madison Marie Dayton, Will you please spend the rest of your life with me?" He asks smiling that childish smile that gets me every time. The ring is gorgeous. In the background I notice the players holding up signs that say "MADISON! WILL YOU MARRY ME?!?
"Oh my god!!! Jonathan of course. I love you so much. Oh my god." I say crying so much. He slips the ring onto my finger as I place my hands over my mouth. He lifts me up, bridal style and carries me off the ice. After he steps off he sets me down.
"So Mrs.Toews was that a good surprise?" He asks.
"Yes and I love the sound of Madison Toews. " i kiss him hard, he pushes me back against the wall.
"Save it for later" I tell him.
"That's a good idea. With all these cameras around." He laughs.
"I got to go babe. I love you SOOO much and I absolutely can't wait to make you my wife." He says blowing a kiss walking away.