Part 19🌸

The next week went by pretty fast. Mary Anne called me on Saturday and told me that she had to rush Bailey to the hospital. She said that she had a fever of 104 and her parents weren't answering the phone so she called 911. She then told me that the doctors were calling Bailey a boy, and not a girl. She continued to tell me that she told them off so Bailey felt comfortable. I was so proud of her.

Today was Monday. Another BSC meeting. Kristy called me this morning and told me to be at the meeting. I had to be at Sam's house after the meeting anyway so I said sure. I got there and Kristy told me that Mary Anne saved the day. Apparently they weren't grounded anymore.

Lilliana- well now you have to fix things with her
Kristy- that should be pretty easy

We waited around and talked for a few minutes, waiting for Mary Anne to get here. A few minutes later we hear walking towards Claudia's room, and we saw Mary Anne at the doorway. Stacey and Claudia walked up to her.

Stacey- oh my god, we heard everything!
Claudia- your dad called all of our parents and told them what happened. Mary Anne, you're a hero
Stacey- plus, we're ungrounded now. You're dad said he's proud you're in a club with other young women who are such great influences.
Claudia- that's us!
Stacey- yeah!

I smiled at the girls and Mary Anne looked at me. I nodded and winked at her.

Claudia- what was it like riding in an ambulance? I would have had a literal panic attack
Stacey- not Mary Anne. Fearless under pressure
Claudia- you made the whole club look awesome too.

She turned to look at Kristy.

Claudia- right Kristy?
Kristy- yeah. She did.

Mary Anne smiled at Kristy.

Claudia- we have to celebrate. There are gummy worms in the chair, and for those of you who prefer non gelatin based candy, m&ms!

She walked up to us and handed over the bags of candy. I haven't had candy in forever

Stacey- sorry for being such a jerk to you in the cafeteria. To make up for it, I made a playlist called 'Mary Anne is boss' because you are.

We all laughed. She then turned to Kristy.

Mary Anne- so... can we be friends again too?
Kristy- well yeah... as long as your new best friend doesn't mind
Mary Anne- oh Kristy, don't be such a baby

They laugh and Kristy hugs her. They pull out of the hug and join us on Mary Anne's bed. I pop a gummy worm in my mouth.

Lilliana- mmm I haven't had candy in sooo long
Kristy- just wait for my mom's wedding, there's gonna be so much sugar

We all laughed and talked a bit. The phone rang and I picked it up.

Lilliana- hello, babysitters club!
Caller- hi, I'm looking for a sitter for on Thursday night from 4:45 to 7:15 next week for my 6 year old, and my 7 month old
Lilliana- ok. Hold on one second!

I look at the girls.

Lilliana- new client, she needs a sitter from 4:45 to 7:15 on Thursday next week
Mary Anne- uhh Lilli, you're up

I hold the phone back up to my ear.

Lilliana- hi, I will be your sitter, Lilliana McGill. Just to confirm, next week Thursday 4:45 to 7:15
Caller- yes
Lilliana- and what is your name and address?
Caller- Natasha Frasner and my address is 382 Maple Drive (random address)
Lilliana- ok, thank you so much! I'll see you then!
Natasha- thank you! Bye bye
Lilliana- bye

I put the phone back down and sat back in a chair by the table.

Lilliana- I get to take care of a baby!
Claudia- oh my god! I'm so jealous! How old?
Lilliana- 7 months
Stacey- awww
Kristy- I bet Sam will like that
Lilliana- Kristy!
Kristy- what?! We were all thinking it!
Lilliana- whatever, I forgot to tell you guys that he asked me to be his date to the wedding
Mary Anne- really?!
Lilliana- yeah!
Kristy- he told me he was going to try but I thought he'd chicken out
Lilliana- he was about to but I made him tell me what was going on
Kristy- ohhh there it is

We all laughed . The girls talked a bit longer, and then my phone rang. It was Sam

Lilliana- speak of the devil. Hello?
Sam- you need to get here now!
Lilliana- uh ok? I'll be there in a second
Sam- bye!
Lilliana- bye-

He hung up the phone. I looked at the girls and shrugged. I grabbed my stuff and hugged the girls goodbye. I walked downstairs and said bye to Mimi. I opened the front door and walked to Sam's house. He was sitting in the garage with Oliver and Emmett.

Lilliana- what's the matter?
Sam- they want to call us now!
Lilliana- now?
Oliver- now!
Lilliana- ok!
Oliver- they sent us a Zoom link, we just have to join it and we're talking to our manager!
Emmett,Sam,Lilliana- open it!
Oliver- ok ok! I am!

He opened the email and pressed the Zoom link, we all sat down at the table in the garage and waited for them to let us in. Once they did, we saw a nice looking middle aged lady, who I'm assuming was Julia.

Julia- hi guys! I'm Julia
Oliver- hey, it's nice to meet you
Julia- you too! Ok, let's learn names, I already know Lilliana
Lilliana- this is Oliver, Emmett and Sam

I said pointing to each of them. She nodded and wrote something down.

Julia- ok, so tell me a bit about why you started this band.
Oliver- well, Emmett, Sam and I were friends since we were younger. Emmett and Sam did bass guitar and I did the drums. We were talking one day and we just thought of the idea. We wrote song lyrics and everything, we just needed a lead singer. We asked quite a few people but they either weren't interested, or they weren't the person we were looking for. Then Sam told us about a girl he met at school and became friends with, so we met up with her and became friends. We were at practice one day and Lilli was with us, and we needed someone to see if the lyrics of a song fit with the beat and we asked Lilli and she said sure. Then after we finished we found our singer.
Julia- so Lilli you're new to Stoneybrook?
Lilliana- yeah, I moved here a couple months ago
Julia- and boys, you always lived in Stoneybrook?
Sam- yeah
Julia- do you guys do anything else other than music? Work or any passion?
Sam- well, we all skate and Lilli is apart of a babysitting club for my sister
Julia- ok. So you guys have siblings?
Oliver- Lilli has a younger sister, Sam has an older brother, younger brother and sister, I have an older sister and Emmett is an only child.
Julia- and you're all 15?
Sam- yes
Julia- well, I would like to get all of your socials so we can follow you, and then we will call you guys and schedule a day when we can record and edit your music, and then we'll get your first album made!
Emmett- thank you so much
Julia- of course! Alright, bye guys!
Lilliana- bye!

We left the call and we all looked at each other. We all jumped up and hugged each other. We talked about this and everything for a few minutes, but then I got a phone call. There was no caller ID so I just declined it.

Oliver- who was it?
Lilliana- no caller ID

We shrugged and talked a bit more. Then I got a call again... No Called ID...

Who is it?