Chapter 4

"For how long? When?" I ask, my voice breaks; but I know the answer doesn't matter. I'd leave with him tonight.

"As long as Eleazar needs me to be there; sooner rather than later." He pulls me to him. "It isn't final, Bella. He may just decide he doesn't want some just out of school pre-med student. I've been trying to figure out when to tell you for weeks now."

I don't believe him. He's perfect at every single thing he does; how could anyone not want him?

His last words finally register

"Weeks? You've known for weeks?!"

I stand up, throwing one of his shirts on. I pace back and forth.

It all starts to make sense to me, the days on end we've been spending together, the looks he gives me.

"I have a life here. A Family. My job." I say it and it doesn't matter that he has all of these things here that he would leave behind, too. I've just always hated change.

"Bella, its Spain. There will be so many opportunities for you there."

"I don't even know Spanish!"

Despite my freak out and how much I panic, this makes him laugh. I grab a pillow from the floor and throw it at him.

"I'm serious."

He nods his head, "I know. I didn't tell you this to freak you out. I just... I needed to tell you."

"Spain?" I say, as he nods. I think of all of the architecture and history there.

I could really work anywhere as a photographer.

I smile at him, because I know I'd follow him absolutely anywhere.

"Spain." I say, because it isn't question anymore.

I never thought I'd hear him say my name again. At some point, I never wanted to see him again, either.

"Bella."

I don't want to cause a scene, and I'm starting to notice the people who are watching us. Angela looks worried, and I send her a smile.

Having the love of your life walk away from you kind of prepares you for anything. I never prepared for this.

"Hi." I can't even bring myself to say his name.

I don't think I could love Rose more when she distracts him long enough for me to walk away. I feel his eyes on me, but I have to get out of there.

The tan line on his third finger is still too much.