Chapter 2

I'm thankful the lights are low, and I honestly don't know if he'll see me in this corner. I'm not sure I want him to.

I don't know if there is anything left for us to say to each other after what was said two years ago. Those scars still run deep for me, anyway.

Rose finds her seat next to me, and hands me a drink.

"Still hiding?" She asks, mischievous look in her eyes.

"You know it. Did you know he would be here?" I ask, tearing my eyes away from him. He's talking to Ben and Angela now, and I swear he's getting closer.

"I mean, I knew Ben wanted him to be his best man." I nod, because a part of me figured he'd at least be here to see his best friend get married.

"He didn't know if he could come; and well, he's never been a person to commit to anything."

The words shouldn't hurt, but they're true.

"I..Sorry, B." Rose says, as I down my drink.

Click.

Click.

Green eyes and an amused smile meets mine over the medical journal that I know he isn't reading. He's shirtless, which I can never get enough of.

Click.

"Having fun?" He asks, shaking his head.

"This is work. I'm an artist and I'm working. I'm just admiring art but it's kind of mediocre." I say, with a shrug.

It hurts to lie, He's anything but mediocre.

I check the last shot, and before I know it, he's across the room, book on the floor and pouncing.

"I can think of other ways to pass the time if you're bored." He says, hands already pushing my camera to the side. His hands lift my shirt, and after he holds my face in his hands.

He kisses me so hard and I can't breathe.

"You are the art here, by the way; the kind that makes you feel and love and question how something so fucking beautiful can even exist, Bella Swan."

He says it so fiercely that I believe him.