Chapter 17

"Listen I swear I didn't start it-" 

"I've heard a lot about you Mr.Takashi." the principal of our school eyed me. "Not exactly an A student, but not failing either."

"Well I just try my best, that's all."

"Your best you say? So did you do your best to become Muse's manager?" 

"Yeah? I mean I didn't know what to do a lot but we've become a top three school idol group once again." I offered.

"I see, you know I've been watching you…"

Okay I'm getting a little bit uncomfortable. 

"Watching me?"

"Yes, your interactions with other students, with teachers, and my daughter."

I swallowed hard. Parents are definitely the scariest thing in the world.

"Well you know Kotori is great to hang around with-"

"I see… do you know why I stopped you?" She asked.

"Um, no ma'am I don't." I replied.

"What is the current relationship between you and my daughter?" 

I started to sweat. How do I tell her mother that I liked her daughter and she likes me but we can't date until after Love Live? Also what if she doesn't approve?

"U-u-u-uh we're friends…" that's the truth.

"Mhm," she looked at me seriously, "I've heard a lot about what you've done for her. Do you like Kotori?"

"Um…" I sighed, "Yes."

"And she likes you, correct?"

"That's what she told me." I shrugged.

"I will not get any grandchildren until you are married, understand?" 

"Eh?" I looked up at her.

"This whole being a strict mother thing is a hard act to put on." She admitted. "I approve of your relationship, protect my daughter okay?"

"Yes ma'am." I said, still shaking. 

So this whole time Kotori's mom isn't scary? 

"One last question, where did you get that necklace from?"

"I didn't know this until recently, but Kotori gave it to me when we were little." I told her.

"So you finally found the one huh Kotori?" She smiled. "Hurry up and leave before I suspend you!"

"Yes ma'am!" I saluted and dashed out the door.

That same day Muse was practicing on the roof again. 

"Aren't you supposed to be suspended right now?" Eli asked me as I opened the door.

"Technically, but at the same time no." 

"I'm not even going to ask what that means." Maki shook her head.

"Who was the person who chewed you out?" Umi said.

"The principal." I replied.

"Ahhhh…" they all nodded.

"What do you mean 'ahhhh?'" 

"You should be able to figure it out idiot." Nico sighed.

They finalized what songs they were going to sing for the qualifiers. We stopped a little earlier as the snow started to fall.

If you're asking about Kotori, she just didn't say anything to me and I avoided her as well.

No point in trying to talk to someone that's avoiding you…

Especially when you're avoiding them too.

Now I know people will just say "Just go out now you idiot instead of making things awkward." 

First of all many of you all probably haven't been in that type of situation before.

Let me spell it out for you. The girl who gave me the necklace and the same person I fell in love with is a school idol who I also fell in love with without realizing they were the same person.

Is anyone else confused right now or is it just me?

"Just talk to her." Is what Nozomi encouraged as we walked home together.

She and Eli lived in the same direction as me so we decided to walk.

"Easy for you to say." I sighed.

"I mean Love Live ends in like three months so that's a long freaking time of not talking to her." Eli said thoughtfully.

"Who knows… maybe by then Kotori-chan has moved past you." Nozomi raised an eyebrow.

The thought popped into my head, not for very long, but long enough for me to feel irritated.

"Then I guess there's nothing I can do." I shrugged.

"Aw… you're no fun." She pouted.

 "He may act tough on the outside Nozomi, but deep down we all know that hurt." Eli smiled.

"I guess we'll never know." I said taking my phone out.

Nozomi snagged my phone, "Let's see…" 

"Oi!" I yelled trying to take it back, Eli (who was surprisingly strong) held me back.

"Nice one Nozomi!" She winked.

I let out a sigh of defeat, "What are you even looking at?" 

"Duh, your texts with Kotori… but she isn't in your contacts for some reason." She kept scrolling.

Uh oh.

"Here let me find it-" I tried to push past Eli but she was absolutely ripped for some reason and couldn't get by.

"Just say out loud the contacts." 

"Honk, The Sea, Cheesecake,"

"That one." Eli said confidently.

"Makes sense." Nozomi opened the texts. "Takashi, why are you asking for n-"

"I'M NOT!" I yelled a little too loudly as a lady walking her dog stared at me.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Nozomi held back tears of laughter.

"Nozomi you didn't send a text did you?" I pleaded.

"See for yourself." 

You: I love you so much, please marry me so we can have a ton of kids.
(Read)

"You fool!" I yelled at her, "I'm gonna kill you!" Eli continued to hold me back while laughing herself at the peril Nozomi had put me in.

My phone buzzed.

Cheesecake: Nozomi, why did you steal his phone?

I let out a sigh of relief. "Great, she knows it's you." 

"Well you do want to have a ton of kids with her don't you?" 

"I wouldn't say a ton…" 

"Did you get that Eli-cchi?" Nozomi asked happily.

"Every word of it." The other third year grinned.

"No you idiots-"

They ran off home leaving me behind. Those two were major trouble…

But at least on the bright side, Kotori kind of texted me?

A small victory is a victory nonetheless...

What's up?

It's Monday which means I'm at work, but you guys get another chapter!

I don't have a question today lol...

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya