Chapter 49

Ayush tossed and turned all night not being able to get any sleep. The thought of amir and zeenah consummating their marriage didn't sit well in her head. She's sure even if they don't consummate it that night they'll surely do when they go on their honeymoon which they'll go the next day.

As per her mother in law's order, amir and zeenah are to go for their honeymoon the day after they get married.

Her phone rang from beside her making her eyes flutter open. She wasn't sleepy but she didn't let her eyes open, she kept it close in hope of getting even a glimpse of sleep.

She narrowed her eyes looking at her phone screen to see the caller id and it's none other than farhan. She let her eyes wander around her new room in search of wall clock and the time reads 2:14am.

Ayush decided to take downstairs leaving upstairs to zeenah. She just can't afford passing through zeenah's living whenever she has guest so she took downstairs which has more rooms than upstairs and has a finer theme.

Why is he calling her this late at night, she thought and swiped to answer the call scrunching her face.

"Hey" came his deep voice.

"Hi"

"Why are you still up"

"Couldn't sleep" she said short not in the mood for long conversation.

"Does it have to do with zeenah and amir" he adjusted his sitting position biting on his lower lip.

"Mhm"

"Don't let that get to you okay? besides ya haidar is coming back to Nigeria in a week time" that completely slipped her mind. Haidar being a diplomat will be coming back to Nigeria after completing his four years in USA.

Ever since he left he only visited them once which was during her wedding. That too he couldn't stay away while his baby sister is getting married.

Whereas Naeem; her sister Khadija's husband went to USA to do his masters, he wanted to further his education on business administration and they came back a year earlier.

Aasim, Asif and Arifa finished their finals and are getting ready to start their internship. Aasim and Arifa will be doing their housemanship at national hospital, aasim wants to specialize in cardiology and arifa pediatrics.

Asif in the other hand will be doing his internship at the ayebee construction company as he studied civil engineering.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot, I can't wait for them to be back wallahi" she sat down with excitement filled to the brim of her heart.

"So when are you going to start your finals" 

"Next month inshallah"

"Make us proud okay? Don't let zeenah and amir get to you no matter what, show them how much of a brave girl you are"

"I'll surely do inshallah" she said her voice filled with determination.

"That's my girl, now shake of all those negative thoughts from your head and sleep, they doesn't deserve it, you had a long day today abi yesterday and you cried a lot also even after I told you not to cry again before I left earlier" he said biting onto his lower lip again, this time harder he hates the thought of her crying and the scene kept flashing in front of his eyes.

"Who told you I cried after you left" she raised one of her brows as if he can see her.

"Fatima did" 

'Oh that sneaky girl' she thought.

"Oh well as long as long as I have you as my best friend and my girlfriends by my side I'll be able to conquer whatever comes my way"