Chapter 1 - Modern day party acts

Stephen looked through each file in his office, swiping away each patients report until he found something slightly worthwhile. View of the city from his window as the sun set gracefully on the horizon. It was the perfect place to watch it in all the hospital. Sometimes you'd see it while passing just for a few seconds while making your way to the radiologist.

Now you had a real reason to pass by and maybe just watch it long enough; Christine had asked you to pass on this file to Stephen so you obliged happily.

Three knocks against the sleek door, you waited for his voice to ring out. "Come in,"

"Doctor Strange, Doctor Palmer asked me to hand these over," just in time... orange crept along the horizon and deep purple swarmed from above, the glinting setting sun reflecting in your iris'.

"Try addressing people with your eyes on them, not behind them,"

Well, Christine's warning about his rudeness was not wrong. "Sorry, Strange,"

"Doctor," he hums strictly, eyes down on his computer with his hand out.

"Right..." you take an annoyed breath and give the file. "Doctor Palmer is absent for the next two weeks so she-"

"I know what she's asking, I'll let her know,"

"Yes, Doctor..." awkwardly moving back to the door of his large office, you heard him speak again which made your eyes roll. So close.

"Where are you stationed?"

"ER," you turn back and plaster a fake soft smile on your face.

"How long? I've never seen you there," he finally took a moment to look up, until they dragged along your every feature.

"Maybe because you don't pay enough attention,"

"I pay the right amount of attention," he stood up at your tone.

"Right, sorry," you open the door and look back once again. "I'll just go... h-have a nice day," surprisingly... no reply was given.

~~~

"So, Mount Sinai hospital, huh?" Christine nudges you as the warm water ran off your hands whilst you washed your container.

"I know, right?" You gleam. "I'll get a great position too!"

The doctor claps her hands happily as she made herself a coffee for the next shift. "Maybe a great view of the sunset," she sings.

"I hope so," you mutter softly with a smile.

"Oh! I completely forgot, two weeks ago, with Strange, how did that go?"

You laugh sourly at her words. "If he wasn't a doctor I'd say you could jump from his ego to his IQ and be dead before help could be called,"

Christine laughs lightly at your comment. "He is quite the character,"

"He's quite the asshole," you snark back while stirring your coffee/tea. "Honestly, I was so glad my shift was over or I'd be in big trouble,"

"For a doctor you're awfully good at threatening people's lives," she smiles while walking with you out the kitchen.

"I'm a doctor meaning I could break every bone in someone's body and name each of them,"

"You scare me," Christine laughs as amusement tugs at your lips.

"It's nice to have some sort of power, especially in a building full of toxic masculinity,"

"I heard that!" Dr West calls out when he met your pointed eye.

"Boo-hoo, Nick," you stick your tongue out as he drops his head. "Be glad someone's taken your place as biggest jerk in this hospital,"