Therapy

Indigo's PoV:

It wasn't a good mission... people were hurt, everyone was sad, nobody wanted to be here any more. And the worst thing is that I tried to convince Coal that we would be safe. I feel like I lied to him, even though I didn't know what was gonna happen, so it can't be my fault, can it?

Anyway. I'd already planned what I was going to do this morning; see my sister. Black told me that Lemon would be okay, I hoped so. She looked like she was sleeping, surely if we were loud then she would wake up?

Where can we find a really noisy alarm clock?...

"Hey sis" I yawned, walking over to her bed. "Black says you're all healthy, and I trust him. So... I'll see you soon oki? But until then... I'll just talk to you. I don't know if you can hear me... but if you can, stay strong please. Don't give up. I know you're always really tough, you can do it."

Hmm. Is this working? I guess there's no way to tell, really, until she gets up.

I sighed and sat down, my gaze drifting to the other bed in medbay. Poor Avo - his dad is all locked up so nobody will be there for him. Unless...

Making my way across the room towards him, I began talking again. "Hey Avo..." yup, the nickname has stuck, muahaha~ "I thought you might be lonely, seeing as your dad can't talk to you. There's no way he would have hurt you though, right? Just a case of 'wrong place, wrong time'. Please, get better quickly, and then you can tell everyone - maybe you saw who hurt you. Clear your dad's name... you were very proud of him, I'm sure you'll agree his reputation shouldn't be stained just because he was near a vent."

If only there was a way that I could prove his innocence instead... guess I'll just have to wait then. Jut like everything else... I'm powerless to help.

I don't like this. I can't help anyone any
more - just gotta say 'let time fix it' to EVERYTHING.

Why can't I just help - I wanna do something. Anything.

Rose's PoV:

I know I wasn't meant to hear it.

I wasn't meant to hear any of it.

Well holy crewmates, what does it matter any more?! I hadn't slept ever since hearing that little conversation, and now here I was, sat alone at the table to ponder over it whilst eating breakfast by myself. Or, rather, whilst pushing a bit of toast around my plate by myself.

I... I never cared about hurting anyone, but I guess I didn't realise that something I said could have lead to, to...

Yeah.

If that airlock button was a few centimetres lower, then Mango would be dead, ejected herself, and it'd be all......... my fault. My fault.

Internally, I was completely at war with myself, with my, uh, my... emotions.

"Ya wanna do tasks with me today, Rose?" An annoying little voice asked.

"Get away, Indigo." I growled, adding "I thought you'd learnt to stay out of my way. Now leave me alone"
If she just keeps her distance... then I won't be able to hurt her. Like how I hurt Mango.

The small crewmate frowned a little. "Please? I just... wanna help"

Glaring at her, I quickly snapped back with "Then go help someone else, who actually needs it"

"But..." she continued. Wow, doesn't take 'no' for an answer, does she? "1, you do need it, I can tell. And 2... I've tried and I c-can't help anyone else. I'm powerless... can't help my sister, can't help Avo, can't help his dad, can't cheer anyone else up..."