Fractured Friendships

Peach's PoV:

"What the heck are you doing? Is this how you treat Mango?!" I snapped, taking a step back in shock.

"No, I- this isn't what you think..." Rose mumbled back

"Then what?" I hollered at her, "what is it then?! Huh?"

Rose was speechless. So was I for a tense second or two, as we just stared at each other in shock.

"I can't believe you" I hissed in disgust, "you're....... the others were right, you're nasty to everyone for no reason at all, just like your father was!"

"But Peach, I-"

"No. There are no 'buts'. How didn't I ever notice this?" I stepped further away as she reached forwards to take my arm. "You're not my friend any more... you're not who I thought you were"

After that, I raced off, angry tears filling my eyes. I can't believe she would do this... I knew she was mean to people sometimes, but never this..... bad.....

She protested and tried to explain herself, but I wasn't exactly going to listen to her, was I? What she did was totally wrong and - and I can't forgive her for always making people feel weak and small and inferior to her.

Rose tried following me, but I'm faster, despite being shorter. I soon lost her, and practically crashed into reactor. Yeah, this wasn't exactly a great room to be in, but that meant that I'd be alone~

***

Okay. Maybe not alone.

Emerald found me, and I was telling him about what happened.

"That's not surprising actually" he sighed, "what is surprising is that you didn't realise she was this horrible until now. I did tell you she was an absolutely nasty piece of work."

"I-" I muttered, but trailed off. That was going a bit far, wasn't it? But... why do I care any more - Rose deserves it this time, right?

"I don't understand why she got to stay with us after the first mission. She's so cruel, she should have just gone to an orphanage or something, right?! Or even better, she should have been put somewhere alone! She hates people, that would be good for her!"

"Okay SHUT UP!" I yelled, getting to my feet, and Emerald physically jumped. "She wasn't always this way... something must have happened. It's not for you to judge her like that!"

"I was only-"

"As I said." I growled, "shut up!! Just... leave me alone now." And once again, I left my 'friend' behind.

What next?! Am I going to find out that Indigo is nasty, too? Or Chocolate? Because at this point, I honesty wouldn't be surprised!!

Avocado's PoV:

"Hey, dad? I have a medbay scan!" I exclaimed, "can we go there next please?"

"Sure" he laughed, just as Black, Purple and Violet were passing us in the hallway.

Violet glances at me, desperately asking "Hey, Avocado! Pleeease can we... hang out or something right now?"

I glanced at my father for permission. He seemed unsure but finally sighed and nodded. "Yeah, sure!" I exclaimed, before asking Violet, "wanna see me do the scan?"

"Ooh yeah" she agreed, and we headed off in that direction. After we'd gotten out of earshot of the adults, she sighed in relief. "Thanks for the save, Avocado."

The 'save'? What was going on? "Uh, what?"

"My mum" she groaned, "she likes Black, and won't stop making these comments and overly cheesy pick-up lines. It's torture!"

"Oof, that sounds bad" I laughed. She shoved me lightly, teasingly complaining

"Don't laugh at my pain!"

We laughed for a second and then she headed off in the other direction. "Wait... medbay is this way!" I pointed out

"I didn't need to hang out... just an excuse to get away from my mother" she claimed, shrugging.

"But... please just watch me scan first?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Sure"

We walked into medbay and that's when I realised Lemon was in here... still unconscious. But she looked dead, which really creeped me out. Trying to not focus on it, I stood in position, clicking the 'begin scan' button. The green lights finally flicked on, but that's when the main lights suddenly cut out. Again.

"What's happeni-" I asked, but never got a chance to finish my sentence as a sharp pain shot through my stomach, and eventually everything in my vision went dark, including the lights from the scanner.

No-