Morning

A/N: yes, another VERY creative title.
You're welcome ;-;

Black's PoV:

"Black! Please can I move room?" Lemon whined in the morning, Teal nodded her agreement from a few steps behind.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked, although I had an idea what she was about to say.

"We have absolutely nothing in common and honestly can't stand each other!" The child continued whilst Teal glanced down uninterestedly at the floor.

"Well... you share 99.9% of your DNA" I attempted to lighten the mood with a joke, but I just got a couple of blank stares. "Both 70% water?"

"She's being mean about my mom" Teal finally spoke, shooting Lemon a glare.

"Hey, Teal. Come on, breakfast time. Remember, your therapist told you you shouldn't skip meals" Teal's da- uh, I mean, Cyan, called from further down the hallway.

"You have a therapist?!" Lemon exclaimed in surprise, Teal didn't give a reply; just shifted uncomfortably for a few seconds before following her father into the cafeteria. "She has a therapist?" Lemon repeated, asking me this time.

"I didn't know, but it doesn't matter" I sighed, "and if Teal isn't comfortable telling other people, she doesn't have to tell anyone." I took a second to read Lemon's facial expressions. Hmm... I didn't trust that look... "Lemon, if you tell anyone else, you'll be in trouble, okay? Because this is important personal stuff. You wouldn't like it if-"

"Yeah okay, got it" she mumbled, trudging off to the cafeteria.

"Heyyyy~"

I'd recently come to recognise that voice.

"Hey Purple" I responded, spinning around to face her.

"Hey, I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but I like your hair" she complimented.
She'd mentioned it yesterday. At least twice.

"I don't think you have... thanks" I politely replied. I'd come to the conclusion that she was the type of person who constantly compliments people... she seems friendly enough, pretty harmless, I thought as we both made our way to the cafeteria.

"So," she began as we grabbed some breakfast, "Are you like a parking ticket that turned into a person or something? Because you've got 'fine' written all over you"

"I-" I mumbled, unsure of how to react. Wait... was that...... uh.....

Is that supposed to be a pick-up line?

"I'm just gonna - uh... I think..." I stuttered. Yup, I'm not good at excuses.
Lucky for me, Green walked over at that exact moment, calling

"What's up, guys? Ready for our second day?"

"Yeah! Totally" I replied, leaving Purple to speak to Green as I slid away. Uh... I can talk to Orange about this?
"Umm, Orange... can I get some advice, please?"

"Sure" she replied with a smile, passing Mango a plate with some toast and jam. "Is it about... ya know what?"

Sighing, I whispered "kinda... so basically... don't tell anyone, but I'm starting to think Purple may or may not like me?"

Slowly nodding, Orange thought of a response. "Well... that's kinda awkward... but I guess you're going to have to tell her you don't reciprocate those feelings"

"I-I can't... usually I'm fine with talking to people, but it's just......."

"Okay then... maybe it would be easier to be subtle about it?" She offered. Yup, I was definitely interested. "Like... if you're feeling ready to, you could try to subtly get into conversation the fact you're gay? Then she'd understand you don't have feeling for her?"

"Actually it's bi" I quietly muttered. "Thanks though..."

"Or, and this completely depends on what you and Lime have decided, but you could try casually telling her that you two are together... ya know, it would get the message across..."

"Okay... I don't think we're ready for that, we haven't actually told anyone yet" I sighed, and Orange gave me a confused look. "Aside from you" I nervously chuckled, "heh. Again, thank you for trying..."

"No problem"

Lapis's PoV:

The first thing I planned to do at breakfast time was check on Choccy. He seemed nervous last night, hopefully he was okay.

"Hey Lapis" Rose muttered as she walked past.
Uh... what? Did she just speak to me by choice? Well that's new...

I didn't have much time to think about it as I saw Chocolate, sat on his own on one of the five circular tables with juice box and plate of waffles in front of him, along with his tablet and helmet. As far as I could see, he hadn't touched his food yet, his hair was all messy and he was holding his mother's headband tightly with both hands.

"Choccy?" I asked, and he looked up at me with tired eyes.

"H-Hi-" he weakly mumbled, forcing a smile.

Sitting down next to him, I gently put my hand on his arm, extremely concerned. "What's wrong? You don't look too good Choccy... you're not sick, are you?"

"Don't think so" the tiny cremate yawned, "But I couldn't sleep. Too scawy" he shuddered slightly, and I immediately felt bad even though this couldn't possibly be my fault... could it?

I mean... I could have tried asking to swap rooms? But I didn't... yeah, I potentially could have fixed this...

"Okay... if you're not feeling well then you don't have to do tasks - I could do yours for you, or Emerald could, he's pretty fast..." I offered, but Chocolate shook his head.

"I wanna do tasks with you again" he insisted.

"If you're sure..." I muttered in surprise, he nodded. "but if you want to do that, then you've gotta eat something, okay?"

"Oki"