Trick Or Treat

Emerald's PoV:

"Yay!" Indigo yelled, grabbing onto Snow and Lemon's hands, racing on ahead.

Indie's choice of costume was... a little insensitive, sure, but she was still young and innocent, I was completely certain that she didn't mean any harm by it. The main thing is that they were happy.

"THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUN!" Chocolate squealed, bouncing up and down with Lapis's hand held tightly in his.

Heh. He was just the same as he was when I first met him. So energetic and excitable.

Never change, Choccy. Never change.

Teal's PoV:

Yes, Chocolate was right. I think.

This was....... fun, I guess.

Mm.
I didn't really understand the meaning of that word. 'Fun'.

My mother had died a long time ago, and every ounce of my happiness died along with her.

Scarlet's PoV:

"Hey!" I exclaimed to Coal, "I just remembered something!"

"Oh? Was it this?" He asked, dropping to the back of the group before briefly kissing my cheek, causing butterflies to flip around in my stomach.

"Not that" I corrected, though I couldn't hold back the smile that was forming on my face. "These" And with that, I held up a pair of toy handcuffs that came with the police costume.

"Yess!" His eyes sparkled as I passed them over. "Hmm...."

"Don't know how they work?" I ask teasingly.

He playfully rolls his eyes. "Of course I know how they work" he declares, before racing off to Teal and asking her how to put them on.

Hah.

A few moments later, Teal called, "Scarlet! I don't know either"

Laughing, I raced up to the pair of them. Teal had gotten one of Coal's wrists into the handcuffs, however seemed to be having trouble with the other.

"Would you mind doing the other one?" She asked, and I nodded, reaching out my right hand to take it.

Suddenly, Teal grabbed my arm and before I could realise what was going on, she handcuffed me instead. She quietly chuckled to herself before walking off, waving the key before clipping it onto her necklace.

"So now we're stuck together?" Coal questioned.

"Are you complaining?" I jokingly asked, intertwining our fingers so we were holding hands as well as being connected by the cheap metal. Nope, I don't mind at all.

Rose's PoV:

I can't even begin to describe how relieved I was that we were let out without any adults. That would have been lame.

"So... what are you?" Chocolate asked, nervously gazing up at me whilst still clinging to Lapis like the little baby he was.

Pointing to my face, the pasty white face with a red, bloody smile that I got James to paint, I shrug, grumbling "Jeff the Killer. Duh."

He flinched, jumping into Lapis who shot me an annoyed glare, silently telling me off for 'scaring' Chocolate.

I was about to go and rant about it to Peach,  but I noticed she was talking to Emerald so I left them to it. Hmm. Lemon was with her sister (ew) and I wasn't really going to talk to Lapis, Coal and Scarlet were together, and Teal.... yeah, I used to kinda get along with her, definitely nowhere near as much as Scarlet did.... but Teal... she wasn't the same as she used to be.