Lights

Lemon's PoV:

Indigo skipped alongside me, Snow following close behind. "So, O2" I declared, as we entered. "Oh... it's so small!" I muttered in utter disappointment.

"It's really cute!" Indie squealed in delight, "yay I get to clean out the filter now! This job is always really fun-"

Heh. At least someone's happy here, I guess. And none of the new kids were here; that was a bonus, which I was very grateful for.

After my li'l sis had finished scooping out the old, dead leaves, I pulled the lever down, hard, releasing the trash down to storage, ticking off one of the many tasks on my tablet. "I have to go storage now to get rid of it" I told her.

"But... where does it go then?" She asked

"Into space" I shrugged. "Where else?"

Indigo gasped in shock. "But isn't that space litter? Pollution?"

I laughed a little, patting her helmet. "You're so sweet." She was about to reply when suddenly, we were plunged into darkness.

"It's just a problem with electrical, right?" Indigo asked from somewhere in front of me.

"Yeah, everything's gonna be fine" I assured her, and she said the same thing to Snow. "I bet someone will be down there any minute, and it'll be fixed soon"

"Oka" Indie sighed in relief, finding my hand and grasping it tightly.

Did I believe what I'd just said? Not at all. I don't believe in a lot of things... and coincidences are one of the many things on that list. So was Coal really right? We were... under threat - ASAN had attacked again?

Chocolate's PoV:

I was with Lapis and Lime when the lights turned out.
No... not again. I don't like the dark... scawy. At least we're not in admin, admin bad. Cafeteria good. Aside from meetings, I don't like meetings either.

"Well... we should head down to electrical" Lapis calmly decided, taking my hand and leading the way. I grabbed onto Lime's hand as well, now I was double safe. When we got there, the new Lime, who we have to call Green, was already flipping the switches.

Avocado was stood beside him, and he waved to us. Lapis waved too but I took a few steps backwards, hiding behind Lime. Lime says they won't hurt us... but I still feel scared around the new people. But it's oki, because I have lots of friends who make me feel safe. Captain Lapis even promised that he would stay with me for this whole mission if I wanted him to!

Coal's PoV

When the lights went out, Scarlet was talking to Mango. Sure, she seemed like a nice kid, but I couldn't trust her yet.

Orange had been close by. She walked over when the lights went out, "everything is okay, the lights sometimes do that"

......do they, now???

"Would you like to come with me to electrical?" She offered, but I shook my head. Scarlet decided to stick with me. "Okay, be careful then" Orange cheerily reminded us before walking off with Mango.

"Bye Bye" The small crewmate waved.

"Will you ever trust anyone?" Scarlet asked, sighing.

"Maybe not" I admitted, "not new people. I trust you though..."

"Well... it's a start I guess" she said, hugging me tight. "I really want you to be okay..."

"As long as you're okay, I will be" I declared, as the lights flickered back on. "Guess someone fixed them then" I mumbled, before traipsing over to the download station. It didn't really matter if the lights were out or not, since Scarlet and I still had our imposter helmets, so could see in the dark.

"Download is the worst task" Scarlet complained, sitting down on the chair used for destroying the asteroids. "Hey, you remember when we didn't have to do crewmate tasks? So it always seemed extra fun when Lime let us do them!" She happily reminisced.

I glanced at the floor sadly. "Well I-I... Lime never took care of me, so I-"

"Oh, yeah" she mumbled. "So this is your first time ever doing tasks! Cool! You need to do the asteroids, it's the best!"

Shaking my head, I replied "I don't have asteroids today. You have anything in Reactor?"

Scarlet flinched, and I quickly realised my mistake. Her mother always hated that room, so naturally, Scarlet didn't like it either. "Uh, storage instead? Wires?"

"Yeah let's do that" she quickly agreed, so we headed off in that direction.

***

Lime's PoV:

Aside from the whole lights incident, today was pretty uneventful. I'm not complaining, honestly I'm really relieved.

Anyway... Lapis reacted really calmly when the lights went out, whilst I was silently panicking.

Surely I'm supposed to be taking care of them... that's the only thing I was good for in the last mission, and now I can't even do that one simple thing...  so what am I good for?

I'll tell you. Nothing.