Problems

Rose's PoV:

I hate this.

I hate my so-called 'family', I hate my stupid space school classes, I hate the way I look, I hate the fact that my only friend is closer to the stupid goody-goody Emerald, I hate that Lemon calls me the 'moody teen', I hate that Lapis thinks he's still our leader, I hate that he's so protective of the pathetic nine year old, I hate that everyone thinks I'm emotionless, that I'm not suffering from the loss of my father, I..... I hate......

I could go on for ages. To put it more simply:

I hate my entire existence.

And yeah. Sure, stupid James says 'look on the bright side of life', 'we can get through anything if we work together', 'positivity', or 'every cloud has a silver lining'

Ugh, so cliché... but that's not the main problem.

The main problem is that he's always trying to fix problems. Some problems can't be fixed. And besides, he's the cause of half my problems.

Sometimes I wanna just yell at him, "why don't you try living with the man who murdered your father as your legal guardian, see how happy you are then!"

But no. Why should I have to live with all these problems? What did I ever do to deserve all this... just everything..... I shouldn't be here.

So what if I just... left all my problems behind?

Peach's PoV:

"Get up" I hissed.

He continued 'sleeping'

"Come on. I know you're awake."

Silence.

"Who cares" I muttered, "I just wanted to tell you I know you told on me and I know why. Just because you wanna be the perfect kid, right?"

Emerald shifted slightly, still pretending to be asleep. It's good he doesn't want to be an actor, because he'd fail miserably.

"I don't see why you bother trying to be something you can't be" I hissed, and with that I spun around and marched out of the room. I was about to slam the door, but then remembered the others were asleep so silently closed it instead. Then I wondered whether I should talk to Rose or not.

Groaning in frustration, I just went to my bedroom instead. I'm not completely sure why I was so annoyed at Emerald for wanting to be perfect.

I guess... because my dad wanted to be perfect... and in doing so, he neglected his own health.

Yeah, that's my problem, I thought as I took off my Stabby Steve costume and put on my evil carrot pyjamas. I don't want to see someone else I love go through the same thing.

"Shoot!" I muttered to myself. Suddenly it clicked.
I know what's wrong with Rose... and possibly, how to help her-

Emerald's PoV:

I'd just pretended to be asleep so I didn't have to talk to Peach. This is stupid... another friendship messed up. Another friend betrayed.
Telling on her just because I don't wanna lie to the adults.

Why do I always do this? The reason I had no friends before the first mission was because I was 'goody two shoes', 'the tell tale'. None of the kids in my class liked me... I can't help wanting to be the best behaved child... my relationship with my father was absolutely perfect, so it was really hard for me accepting that it got cut short.

I still haven't accepted it.

So... this probably sounds brutal, but this is my... second chance? Heh, I know some kids aren't that lucky... they stay orphans their whole lives. I just want.... I want a family again.

Sure, just me and my dad wasn't really a whole family... but there was always so much love and knowing that there's someone there for you. My mother died when I was born... I never knew her. My dad didn't really like talking about her much, I guess it hurt for him.

Which made me feel guilty. I should have been sad for the loss of my mother, but how do you miss someone you never knew?