New Evidence

Coal's PoV:

Why are there so many emergency meetings?!

Yet another meeting was called. Scarlet and I were downloading in Comms at the time; the blaring alarm made her yelp in surprise as she stumbled backwards away from the download station.

"Woah, careful" I murmured, catching her. "You okay?"

Scarlet just shot a frustrated glance at me.

"...sorry, stupid question" I quickly responded, sighing.

We're imposter kids, so it's guaranteed that we're under more suspicion. But it's worse for her, since everyone blames her - at least the new crew weren't always staring me down with harshly untrusting eyes.

Yeah, it's taken it's toll.

This isn't the Scarlet I know... the Scarlet with a million dreams and song always in her head. The one who would usually have to comfort me... the strong Scarlet. The outgoing one who seems to immediately become friends with just about everyone she happens to cross paths with... easy to trust, to confide in, to be happy around. The one who somehow made you feel free from all your problems.

And I guess I'm not exactly myself, either.

There's one person I need with me right now, and he's not here. Childish, I know...

Teal's PoV:

My stupid dad had forced me to do tasks it's him again. Like... I'm 13 now, a teenager. I can be independent, have my own choices... freedom. I'm allowed to have my own beliefs.
Damn it.

How easy would it be to just... walk away from him? Sure, simple enough. But I'd rather not live with the consequences.

Um... did I jut say 'live with the consequences'? I'm not usually that optimistic. Or optimistic at all, really.

I just... even though I'm nowhere near as close to my dad as I was with my mother, I don't exactly wanna watch him get slaughtered too, if ya know what I mean. Besides, I wanted to check Mango was okay, after - well, after last night.

There are no words to explain how much I hate Rose right now. I've never hated anyone more.
I... I can't believe she even- wait a sec... what's that?

Oh no...

Another emergency meeting. Why? Why did it always have to be us? Not a single other mission had been infiltrated by ASAN! Only us... both times!

As soon as we got to the cafeteria, I quickly looked around and found Mango. She's okay, phew.

"I CALLED THE MEETING BECAUSE I KNOW WHO THE IMPOSTER IS AND IT'S NOT AVO's DAD!" Violet yelled, shaking from where she was stood right next to the center table in the cafeteria.

"Just a sec, not everyone's here yet" Lapis pointed out.

I counted the people here. No Purple, no Rose, no Snow... wait a sec, there's Purple.

"What happened sweetie are you okay are you hurt?!" She exclaimed worriedly as she rushed over to hug her daughter.

I winced and inhaled sharply at the reminder to my own loss. Sure, she's with me. Somewhere... but I still miss her. Seeing her, being able to actually talk to her and receive an answer... I miss her hugs.
Dad never hugs me.

"It's... that... the mute kid, he actually spoke! And he said he had something to tell me, something important!" Violet continued.
I narrowed my eyes at her.

Indigo spoke up first, voicing my concern. "Hey, first of all, he's not mute! And second, there's no way he would have talked to you since you were nasty to him". Honestly, I'd never heard Indigo be that angry before... she was always so sweet, even if she had every right to be mad.

"Well he thought I was you!" Violet protested, "and he was telling you 'something important'. He was going to tell you that he was the imposter!"

Suddenly, my dad spoke from behind me, making me jump. "Preposterous! Green is the imposter, we're safe now"

"Just a sec" Black muttered, "we don't know that he was. In fact, I don't think it was him at all! Would any of you hurt your own kid?"

My dad and Purple both mumbled a slight agreement. "But then again, he could be a psychopath!" Dad pointed out.

"True. But... Indie, were you with Snow all the time?" Lapis asked. "I'm not accusing him of anything, we just need the infor-"

"Of course he was!" Mango interjected, "he always is. Right, Indie? No way in the universe he's a killer. He's got an alibi."

Yeah, that makes sense, I thought, and all of us were waiting for Indigo to confirm. But as she thought carefully, we noticed her shocked expression.

"Um... most of the time, but he slipped away once just before Lemon was..."

"See! SEE!" Violet screeched, leaping up and down. "It's HIM and we need to lock him up like we did with Green!"

"Let's vote first, just to be sure" Lapis ordered, though he sounded unsure. That's new.

"Wait a sec. Where even is Snow right now?" Scarlet asked. Indigo clearly had been too worked up trying to prove his innocence that she hadn't even realised he wasn't there.

That's when we heard the scream.