Alone

Purple's PoV:

I couldn't focus during the meeting. That child who hurt herself... she's a bad influence on my little Violet. It made me worry about her safety.

So I had to distract myself, and the only thing, or person, that could possibly take my mind off it was just sitting a few feet away from me. I managed to catch his eyes a few times during the past minute or so, and there were definitely some sparks.

He ended the meeting (his sense of authority is sooo dreamy) and decided to walk off down a corridor. Naturally, I followed him.

That was until I saw that he was talking to Lime... I prefer being with Black alone, I think he gets a little romantically shy when outsiders are around. I'll catch him later, I thought, pretending that medbay was where I was going anyway.

After that, I wondered what to do - not staying in here, that's for sure. Finally deciding to check on my daughter, I made my way back to the bedrooms. This is hers, right?
Umm... why is the door slightly open?

Nervously glancing in, I sighed with relief when I saw her sleeping peacefully.

But I was fairly certain that she was still supposed to be sharing a room with someone-

I shrugged it off. Meh, perhaps you're just a little on edge, Niriyah, that other kid is probably going to the toilet or something.

With absolutely nothing else left to do, I went back to the cafeteria to find the others, however only Cyan was there.
"Hi Cy" I smiled, giving a wave. He half-heartedly waved back but didn't return the smile. What was up with him?

He was less talkative than usual, which was awkward. "So" I continued after a while, "why's it so quiet in here?"

"The other adults are either dead, a murderer, or putting a kid to bed." He shrugged.

"Both of them?" I asked, "does it really take two people to take a little kid to their room?"

Finishing his drink of water, Cyan grunted before replying with "when people are as incompetent as those two crewmates, yes. It does."

"Black's not incompetent" I reasoned, "he's smart. Lime, on the other hand... he seems sweet but definitely not the brightest, I suppose..."

The other crewmate merely shrugged. Guess someone's not in the mood for chatting today... must be the stress. Yeah, definitely.
...also, how long will Black take putting that child to sleep??

Eventually I gave up, walking back to my own bedroom. If the adults aren't allowed to share rooms, how come my bedroom has a double bed? Do the others have rooms like this? Is the universe purely doing this to heighten my loneliness more?

Sighing as I opened my drawer, fishing around for my notepad and a pencil, I began sketching. Not really thinking about it too much. I felt myself grow tired, but continued anyway. At some point I must have dozed off, because the next thing I know is that my morning alarm went off.

Ugh, great-

Coal's PoV:

"Hey, you okay?" The hand that tapped my shoulder shocked me. Lapis.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Just tired" I muttered, not bothering to hide the annoyed tone.

Our leader sighed softly, taking the seat next to me. "I'm sorry" he confessed after a second, "I was... wrong."

"Huh?"

"Well," he continued, "I... should have listened to you. We should have all listened to you. I'm just, I guess, afr-AWARE that I... made a mistake." He gulped, then studied my face for a reaction.