three words

Throwback 5 years ago, Rome

'It's so hot outside and it's February' laughed Meike.
'My baby might be a Cancer now that I think about it' I laughed.

She did too and even the driver did. We were on our way to my house after we had dinner. Since the baby appeared, Meike spent all her time with me. I really appreciated it, even though sometimes I felt annoying. I was 4 months into the pregnancy and the symptoms were really challenging.

The driver played us some music and we both started singing out loud, giggling. I stopped for a moment to enjoy the present. My family knew and didn't take it well, but gladly Thomas did. He was supportive, just like I expected.

Then it happened. White blinding lights surrounded me, until my body was thrown across the road. I felt the glass shattering my skin. I heard Meike's scream and the sound of the tires squeaking. Next thing I remember was dark and the feeling of numbness and emptiness. She was gone. I felt it.

---

'Soo do you wanna sleep over tonight? I heard Ethan saying that he's staying at Thomas.' said Damiano grinning.

We just arrived in Rome and we dropped off Meike and Victoria, next house being Damiano's.
'Yeah, that sounds nice' I answered and kissed his cheek.

Before we got out of the car we hugged both Ethan and Thomas. Damiano helped me with my luggage even though it was small and I told him not to. If kindness could be a person, it would be him.

'I bet you're tired from all of this' said Damiano as we entered the house.
'A little, yes. Damiano, look, I need to talk-' I started, but his phone rang.
'Wait, wait, it's my agency. I've been late with some works and I bet they are mad. Keep your thoughts, I'll be back' he smiled and went in the kitchen.

As I heard his voice answering the phone, I went upstairs to wash my face. Talk to him now, he deserves to know the truth. Just start talking and he will understand. Do it know.

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the bathroom confidently. I went down the stairs, but before I reached the ground-floor, I heard the front door open.

'Daaami! Baby, where are you?'

No fucking way.

I run downstairs and saw Wanda in the living room, waiting patiently for Damiano to appear.
'Who are you calling baby?' I asked. She stood up quickly, taking a few steps towards me.
'Are you still here? Gosh, I thought Dami would have dumped you already. Guess you really aren't the type to easily let go.' she grinned.
'You aren't that type either since you're in your ex's house right now.'

She opened her mouth to say something, but Damiano entered the room in a hurry.
'What are you doing here?' he asked almost yelling.
'Come on, what's wrong with you guys? I need to talk to you.' she whined looking now at him, ignoring my presence.
'There's nothing to talk about. Leave my house before I call the police.' he murmured.
'Please, you can't leave me for her!' she looked at me in disgust and started to walk towards Damiano.
'I left you for me! Wanda, leave, I'm serious. Don't touch me!' he said when she tried to grab his hand.
'I'll fucking kill you both. Remember my words, you whore, I'll kill you just like you killed your baby!' she yelled and, without another word, left the house. I broke down in tears, holding my head in my hands.
'What is she talking about? What baby? Sorn?'

He came closer to me, but I took a step back. My vision was blurry from all the tears and I couldn't even look at him. I could distinguish the confusion in his expression, but besides that- nothing.

'Sorn, what is she talking about?' he whispered again.

I started hiccuping from all the crying and my head was dizzy.
'I- fuck' I tried to talk, but my legs loosen up and I fell on the couch.

His arms went around my body and he hold me tight. I felt his tears on my shoulder and began to cry even harder. Look at the mess you've done. How did she even found out? Not a lot of people knew, only my family and Meike.

'I'm sorry.. I- I wanted to talk to you about this, but I didn't you to give up on me.' I said between sobs.
'I would never give up on you because of your past. I'm just worried' he whispered.
'At 18 I got pregnant and- one night, a car crashed into the taxi that I was in and I lost my babygirl-' I started, but bursted out in tears.

He hold my head at his chest, stroking my hair. I couldn't believe what just happened. Was it a coincidence that exactly right after I started feeling this numbness again Wanda says this? I had so many questions, but my head was just waiting to explode.

After some time I felt Damiano lifting me up in his arms. I didn't say anything, just burried my head in the crook of his neck. He carried me upstairs and run the water in the bathtub.
'Is it warm enough?' he whispered dipping his finger in the water, then touching my hand softly.
'Mhm' I nodded.

He let me down and turned around to leave the bathroom, but I grabbed his hand.
'Could you- maybe.. stay here?' I asked not looking at him.
'Of course' he answered and turned around.

I understood that he did that so I could undress myself. I did that quickly and got in the bathtub. The hot water made my body tingle.
'You can turn around.' I whispered.

He sat on the edge of the bathtub and poured some bodywash on a sponge. He rubbed my back while I sat there and cried in silence. I never thought I'd experience this ever in my life. Most guys would find an opportunity to jump on a girl naked in a bathroom, but he didn't. He took his time to wash my hair, without even trying to peek at my body.
'Should I be waiting in the bedroom?' he asked.

I nodded and looked up to him. It was maybe the first time I looked in his eyes since we arrived at his house. He cried too, it was obvious. I was expecting to feel guilt, but I didn't.

Once he exited the bathroom, I got out and wrapped my body in a towel. He came back seconds later with some clothes, then left again. I could hear him walking in his bedroom so I changed quickly and followed him.

'Damiano?' I said as I entered the bedroom.
'Yes?' he asked turning around to look at me.
'I love you.'

yall did not expect that and I AM THRILLED BY THIS CHAPTER AHAHAHB