thirty-three

Luz p.o.v

"mi amor, i love you." i tell Amity as i start to wipe away her tears.

"you love me?" she asked, eyes wide in surprise.

"of course i do." i smile down to her. "you didn't really give me any room to tell you, you kinda ran out you know."

"i panicked. i know you like me, i really do. but i felt like me saying that was way too much, like we've only been talking for so long. i felt as though it was too soon to be saying that and that i could come off as a leech or that i may look manipulative." she looks away, i could see tears welling in her eyes again.

"you're not manipulative, and you're certainly not a leech. i know you were raised differently than me, i know that you see the world different. you grew up worrying way more about other peoples opinions on you. and i was raised to know that no matter how hard things get it's totally okay to be weird or different." she looked back up to me. i brought my hand up and cupped her cheek. she leaned into my touch. "don't think about other people, think about yourself and what you want." i reassured her.

"i want to be in a relationship with you Luz Noceda." she reached up and took hold of my hand. "i'm in love with you."

i bent down and kissed her, her saying that felt like a weight was off my shoulders. i pull away and give Amity a big smile. "i love you too Amity Blight."

me and Amity ended up walking over to the tree and sitting, we talked for an hour or two before it started getting too dark. we decided that i would just stay the night at her place. after, i walked her home and explain to her siblings what had happened. once we started to walk away from the tree i felt Amity take a hold of my hand. "thank you for looking for me." she said not taking her eyes off of ahead of her.

"i was worried about you. also where in the hell were you? i checked everywhere." i insisted.

"in the middle of the woods, i felt like you would go looking for me so i just stayed put. also i need to grab my clothes, i dropped them over there." she giggled out letting go of my hand and running over to a pile of clothes on the floor. she ran back and held out her hand to me. i took a hold of it and we went back to how we were. "also Ed was furious with me, Em was way more calm about the situation." she told me with a questionable look on her face.

"well hopefully the don't bash you too hard when you get home." i advise, looking at the short girl as we walked down the path back to town.

"me too, they're scary when they're mad." she warned, look of discomfort on her face. as we walked back we talked about what i did when i went to look for her and that she was literally in the same spot the whole time while i ran around Bonesborough.

we were soon back in front of Amity's apartment complex. she look a deep breath and squeezed my hand a little. i rubbed my thumb on her hand and her shoulders dropped, she looked a little less tense. we walk up the steps and she opened the door with her key. we step in and could hear running from around the corner. Emira practically skidded in front of us. "Amity! you're safe! oh thank god!" she yelled running straight at the girl and jumped on her squeezing her into a hug. i could hear footsteps follow and Edric came around the corner instantly jumping into the hug too.

"we were so worried about you!" Edric exclaimed, they were practically squishing the younger Blight into oblivion.

"i'm fine guys. nothing bad happened, it was a misunderstanding." Amity choked out, she couldn't speak clearly since she was being squished. both the twins let her go and Emira grabbed Amity by the shoulders.

"still! we were worried sick Mittens! Luz was practically balling her eyes out to us worried about you." Emira told her, Amity looked over and practically had puppy dog eyes. i could tell she felt bad about running away.

"i'm fine now, it's okay! no big deal!" i wave off trying not to put all the attention on me.

"please tell us what happened Mittens." Edric said walking behind Emira and putting a hand on her shoulder. Amity let out a sigh and agreed to it. we sat at the couch and told the siblings what happened and that we got it resolved. they were happy to hear that and me and Amity convinced them to let me spend the night for the night. i called Eda to let her know and she was fine with me spending the night.

we ate dinner and watched tv, Amity sat beside me the whole time. around 10:30 we all decided to go to bed. i went up with Amity to her room and she gave me some clothes to wear. we both got changed and went to lay in her bed. "hey Luz?" she asked me turning over to me.

"yeah, whats up?" i asked looking back over to her.

"i love you." she tells me, giving me a small smile.

"i love you too." i smile back. she put her arm around me and snuggled into my chest. i play with her hair until we both fell asleep.

who knew a cup of coffee could start all this.