thirty-two

Amity p.o.v

"haha well look at the time! time to go!" i yell out yanking my clothes out of Luz's hand and go to walk out the door. she moved her body to block the way.

"Amity, it's okay." she tried reassuring me looking at me with a concerned look on her face.

"yeah everything is great! but i have to go!" i start to ramble holding my clothes to my chest trying to find away around the tall latina in front of me. i find a way around her and book it out the door. i run down the stairs and yell bye to Hooty as i run as fast as i can out the door, i hear Luz yelling for me and could hear her running after me. once outside i run into the woods to try and lose her.

i'm so dumb! why would i say that? first of all, i know she likes me, but like that was probably way WAY too soon to say something like that! i can't believe it slipped out. she's a good person, like one of the nicest people ever. and then there's someone like me, an asshole who grew up caring so much about my personal image.

as i was booking it into the woods i thought about where i should go. library? no, she already knows my secret hideaway. home? work? also no, those might be the first places she looks. okay well i guess i'm staying in the woods for a few hours. once i went through enough trees to lose the tall latina i sat on a fallen tree. "what am i gonna do?" i mumbled out looking up to the sky.

my phone was being blown up by Luz. i felt really bad for not answering, i started to cry but i put my phone on silent and waited around three hours to look at it again. i turn on my phone and try my best not to look at the texts Luz sent me. but i saw that my siblings called me. "oh no." i mumbled out, a bad feeling in my stomach growing. i call back Ed.

"AMITY WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!" my brothers voice rang, i winced and pulled my phone farther from my ear.

"hey bro?" i wavered putting my phone closer to my ear again.

"you didn't answer my question! where are you? Luz ran all the way here to ask if you were at home because apparently you ran out of her house into the woods!" he yelled out, i could tell he was worried.

"is that Amity? give me the phone!" i hear Em yell in the distance. there was a bunch of ruffled noises and then Emira's voice was now clear. "hey little sis, where are you? we're worried. Luz especially." my heart practically shattered hearing that. "Luz told us she looked everywhere for you. she said she checked your work, the library, almost all of the campus, she even went to mom and dads."

"where is she now?" i asked as my voice started to waver, tears threatening to spill.

"she said she was running to a tree or something to see if you're there. she told us she's been freaking out for the past few hours because you ran out. she wouldn't tell us why you ran out but she said she was worried you have gotten hurt." Em finished. Luz really even went to the manor to see if i was there? she wouldn't even tell them why i ran out? she thought about it that much to the point where she had checked the last place where i would've wanted to go and protected me to the point where she didn't want to give out that information that i was ashamed of saying.

"thank you for letting me know. i love you guys." i say and go to hang up. i hear Em yell out but i hung up before i could listen to what she wanted to say. i stand up from my spot and put my phone in my pocket. i start running to the tree where Em said Luz was going to. i really hoped i still knew how to get there and got there before she showed up.

i run out from the forrest and i was in a clearing that was near town. i run into town and practically retraced my steps to the tree. i booked it as fast as i could run and taking shortcuts that i knew wouldn't get me lost. once i started to see the top of the pink petal tree i started to hear yelling. once i came up closer to view, where i was on the edge of the trees onto the clearing i could see Luz walking around the tree cupping her hands over her mouth and yelling my name. i tried to catch my breath a little and took a deep breath. i dropped my clothes on the ground and i walked out of the trees.

"Luz?" i asked taking a few steps out. she didn't hear me so i said her name louder. "Luz!" she whipped her head into my direction i could see her face was tear stained she started sprinting over to me. she barreled into me and gave me a bear hug.

"Amity! are you okay? are you hurt?" she asked pulling away and grabbing my shoulders. she looked thoroughly exhausted, she was panting and her eyes were slightly swollen.

"i'm alright." i stutter out looking at her. she pulled me back into a hug.

"i'm so happy your safe. i've been looking everywhere for you." she confessed, holding me close. i hesitatingly brought my arms up and hugged her back. i bury my face into her chest and started to sob. i tighten my grip around her and started apologizing over and over.

"i'm so sorry Luz, i shouldn't have ran. i panicked, i'm so sorry. i didn't think about your feelings. i only thought about mine. i made everyone worry over me for no reason." i kept crying into her chest, she started comforting me with rubbing circles on my back and kept telling me it was okay. she slowly pulled away and looked at my face.

"mi amor, i love you." she tells me started to wipe away tears.