eleven

Luz p.o.v

i'm excited to surprise Amity, psh look how cool i am. okay to be truly honest i have no idea what King got. i just asked him to get something cool in the store. if it's something stupid i might go after him. i just wanted to look cool in front of Amity.

as we keep walking i have almost no clue where to take her, i'm making this up as i go. impressing people is hard. but it's okay i think she's liking it. i internally give myself a pat on the back and it clicks where i wanted us to go. also when i told Amity to follow me i didn't mean it literally, but she was behind me.

i turn my head and look back at her, she kept her eyes on the ground, i think she was looking at my feet. there was a lot of people on the streets. and it's probably going to get worse later when the sun becomes fully set. "hey, Blight." i tell her still looking at her. she raises her head and looks at me with a questioning look. okay don't mess this up, you got this. "wanna hold my hand?" i asked her reaching my hand behind me out to her. she became a slight tomato and shook her head yes pretty violently but i think she's just nervous. i mean me too, i'm proud i even asked her to hold my hand.

i feel her hand grasp mine. her hands were soft, her nails were in beautiful condition. it's almost like this girl hasn't done much manual labor in her life. or she just took amazing care of her hands. they were almost the opposite of mine, mine were certainly a little bigger than hers and mine aren't as soft as hers. my hands were veiny and i had short nails painted black. i picked at my cuticles sometimes when i got anxious, it was a bad habit of mine.

me and Amity feel so different but so similar at the same time.

i feel the warmth of her hand. it was so comforting to be truly honest. it felt safe, it felt like a comfort i never had. my felt my face turning red and had the craziest idea. okay, well it's not crazy but i just wanted to intertwine our fingers together. i know it's majorly bi panic and we've only known each other for like a day but honestly this all feels like a beautiful fever dream.

i gain up the courage and intertwined our fingers. okay to be truly honest this is the best. she thankfully accepted it and lightly tightened her grip to not let go. we started getting far enough to where there wasn't as many people so i finally could have Amity walk beside me. she was still looking down and i could just peek over enough to see she was still blushing. it warmed my heart to see that. we were almost to our destination soon, and the moon was just starting to come out.

"hey Luz, not to be disrespectful or anything of the sort but how much longer?" the smaller girl asked me looking up to me.

i look back down her her, "soon. in about 5 minutes. and don't worry, it's alright to ask." i give her a smile and she gave one back.

"ayo!" a yell was heard behind us, we both turn around to see three 20 year olds drunk off their asses. ah shit here we go again. the man that called out to us ran up to me and Amity. more specifically Amity. "hey cutie, you free tonight? we're having a party at my place. it could be just us four together."

"fuck off."

wait a minute that didn't come from my mouth. my head snaps towards Amity and to be honest she looks pissed. "how about you go find yourself someone else, if it's not obvious i'm on a date." she points right at me. the guy turns to face me and i glared at him to where he looked like he was gonna shit himself. see if it was just him he probably would've left but his friends walked up after hearing what Amity said.

"don't talk to my friend like that, and what are you?" one of the men point at me. "you a guy or a girl? honestly can't fucking tell nowadays!" they started cackling at me. see, i can deal with me getting tormented and me just insulting them into being scared but what got me next sent me over the edge. "and you cutie, this your fag? you would be much better with men like us. trust me this dick could make you straight." he took a hold of Amity's arm and tried pulling her out of my grasp.

yeah i got mad. when i tell you i dropped the bag in my other hand and punched that man as hard as i could it was no joke. he let go of her and fell to the ground. "don't you dare touch her." venom was practically laced in my words. i should've made sure to look at all the guys because the man that first yelled out to us ran up and tried tackling me. i threw him over my shoulder into the ground. i pull out my pocket knife and held it up to the last guy, " don't fuck with me or my date or i will hurt you and your friends. do you understand?" i assert to him. he shakes his head yes violently and runs over to his friends.

i keep my knife in my hand and grab our bag of things with my other. i slip it onto my wrist and grab the Blights hand. she practically stood there in awe the whole time. well i think it was in awe because it was either that or terror. but with her grabbing my hand back she didn't seem like she was scared. she gave it a reassuring grip and started rubbing my hand with her thumb. i know she could tell i was still on edge about it, but her doing that helped me a lot to be honest. i took a deep breath and looked over to her. she was pretty under the moonlight.