ten

Amity p.o.v

okay! okay! calm down. this isn't a big deal just going into town and hanging out. nothing big. i shouldn't freak out, i mean it's not a big deal like on whether or not i do something stupid and it ruins everything ever to exist until i die on this planet.

yeah not a big deal...

ugh why am i like this? i overthink too much. i need to get better on that. oh right! i totally spaced out we are on a walk. i laugh it off in my head that i just zoned out completely for a second.

"you good?" the tall girl next to me asks.

"yeah of course! i just zoned out for a little." i tell her giving an awkward laugh. oh my god i'm dumb.

"okay, i was just worried about you for a sec. didn't want you to feel left out or awkward or anything." she trails off, i could tell she was trying to shut herself up because she thought she was talking too much. cute.

NO.

anyways we finally arrive into the beginning of town. and it looked busier than usual. it felt like something big was going on but i had no clue. all i knew is thank god i didn't work today. i tap Luz's shoulder and go up to the tips of my toes to whisper in her ear.

"what's happening? am i missing something?" i ask her looking her into her brown eyes as we made clear eye contact like three inches away.

"i don't know. maybe something important?" she tells me in a question. i go back down on my feet normally and just shrug at her. we were both clueless and couldn't tell what was even happening.

we agree together that we will go figure out what it is. and how we planned on figuring it out was going to Eda. which Luz knew where it was. as we go on our walk people crowd the streets. i was scared i was going to get lost. i feel a hand wrap around my wrist and pull me along. i thought i was being kidnapped for a second until i look up to see the one and only Noceda holding my wrist taking charge going through the crowd.

when i tell you my heart was pounding i was not kidding. i could feel the heat in my cheeks and the embarrassment i felt that i had to be held to go through a crowd. once we get to a place full of booths, then we see Eda trying to scam people, i'm guessing. she was selling clearly broken things and it didn't look the best. she was wearing what she was when she left the house. King of course was just playing on his phone and not paying attention at all. but even though they were doing two totally different things you could tell they still worked as a team.

Luz and i walk up to the stand, "oh hey kiddos! why are you guys here?" Eda questioned looking at us like she was trying to put a puzzle together.

"hey!" Luz gives a smile and wave to her, still not letting go of my hand. "what's happening today?" she asked the scam artist.

"oh! you don't know? we're having the yearly event about the moon. i forgot what it's called but all i care about it is the money we get from working on days like this. that's why i had King with me, especially today." she points at King trying to cell a old man a portable dvd player.

"oh the moon solstice?" Luz articulated in her head, you could almost see the wheels turn in her head.

"sure thing kid! oh here!" the owl lady runs into her tent and coming out not even 5 seconds later with her wallet. she opens up the zipper and sticks her hand in her wallet. Luz sticks out her hand so she could be handed whatever it was Eda was giving us.
she hands Luz a few quarters. "don't use it all in one place!" she joked. the Noceda next to me of course giggled, i roll my eyes in amusement from how she finds the dumbest little things funny. honestly i liked that about her.

Eda then reached back in her wallet and pulls out a twenty dollar bill and give it to Luz. "you two have fun, you guys deserve it!" Eda smiles to both of us. i saw the brunette smile and give Eda a hug, she let go of my hand but i didn't mind. Luz thanks her immensely and Eda tells her it's not a problem. once that interaction was over Luz turns to King, "wanna go on a break?" she yells to ask him cupping her hands over her mouth to be louder, he snapped his head right at us and said yes.

Eda said she'll hold down the fort as King went to grab his things for the break. once done he joins us in our walk. we start to walk and make small conversation, nothing too big. we ended up walking to a convenience store and we all stop outside. Luz hands him the $20 and whispered to him about something. he nods his head and walks in leaving me and her outside alone.

she walks past me to sit on the curb that went to the pavement, she looks up to me after she sits and pats next to her. i walk over and sit where she was motioning. "what's King doing in there?" i ask her, she just smiled at me with her normal big cheeky smile and said it was a surprise. i roll my eyes to her comment and asked her to tell me, and she kept refusing to tell me. we bicker back and forth until King comes out.

Luz jumps up fast and grabbed it from him, she gave him thanks. he gives her back her left over money and she hands him a five dollar bill as a thank you. he said that his break was about up and he had to go. he waved to us as he goes off back to where all the streets were hustling with people.

"Amity?" my thoughts get interrupted as i look up to the brown eyed brunette. "wanna see the surprise?" she asked me. i smiled and gave her a nod. she then told me to follow her.