twenty-five

Luz p.o.v

i don't know what i just got myself into but honestly this was fun. Amity was bright red the whole time, and kept bickering the twins to leave me alone when i was noticeably uncomfortable. the twins talked a lot i noticed, very different from Amity in most ways too. when the twins were finally going to go make dinner the youngest Blight stood me up from the couch and turned me, she started pushing on my back to get me away from the twins yelling that we'll be in her room. Edric gave out a comment about not doing anything up there which made my face red, but it didn't compare to how red Amity's face got.

once up the stairs she whispered to me, "i'm so sorry." sighing out.

"sweetpea it's fine." i reassured her taking a seat on her bed.

"they're just really, really, embarrassing." she emphasized stress pouring out of her. i pat next to me and she sits down. i wrap my arm around her shoulders and tell her it'll be okay. she takes a deep breath and calms down. the smaller girl takes her hand and reaches for her hair tie and pulls it out, her hair falling over my arm and her shoulders. she then ruffled it out with her hand. i could tell the green was washing out, surprisingly her hair was in really good condition for being dyed.

i move to closer to her and kiss her temple. "you're very pretty, mi amor." i tell her taking my arm off her shoulders and start playing with her hair.

"thank you Luz." she said plopping her head on my shoulder, i continued playing with her hair. "i have a question." she asked shifting her head up to me. i hum in response looking down to her. "what exactly does 'mi amor' mean? like i know it's spanish, and i know that it is a common phrase but i can't put my finger on it."

i laugh out and give her a smile, "then you'll have to look it up."

"oh you're no fun, just tell me." she asked sitting up straight.

"nope, you need to figure it out on your own." the girl next to me turns away and crosses her arms making a 'hmph' sound. "now common don't be ignoring me Blight." i laugh reaching my arms around her pulling her close.

"i'm not talking to you." she keeps up her act rolling her eyes.

"but you just did." i boasted giving her a smile. her face turns red and as usual she tells me to shut up. i laugh and give her a hug.

"be happy i like you, Noceda." she tells me uncrossing her arms.

"i am." i say burying my face into the crook of her neck. we sat like that for a bit as she played with one of my hands.

"come eat little ones! dinners done!" Edric yelled up to us, i lift my head and look in the direction of the sound. Amity groaned sitting up straight and taking my hands away from around her. she stood up and grabbed my hand and helped me up. i pop my knuckles and we walk down the stairs.

we sat down and started to eat, it was honestly super good. it made me wonder if Amity was a good cook. i knew she was a really good barista. "this is very delicious, thank you so much." i beamed to the twins.

"oh of course cutie!" Emira says giving me a smile.

"so Luz," Edric started. "how long have you known Mittens?"

"Mittens?" i ask cocking my head to the sides, "a cat?" next to me i see Amity turn bright red and facepalm.

"wait, you don't know we call Amity by Mittens?" Emira asked a smile growing on her face even more.

"awe Mittens, you didn't tell her?" Edric probed propping his hand under his chin with a sly smile.

"of course i didn't tell her Ed, it's embarrassing." Amity defends crossing her arms. her face was still as bright as a tomato.

"awe look at our little blushing sister." Emira gushed looking over to Edric. him shaking his head in response.

i guess it was my turn to save the youngest Blight.

"i met Amity formerly on friday, but we used to play soccer against each other in high school." i tell them taking a bite of my food.

"awe how sweet." Emira noted.

"very." Edric agreed shaking his head yes. i look over to the Blight next to me, she mouthed a 'thank you' and i gave her a small smile. we continued to eat our food and have small talk until we were finished.

"thank you guys so much for the food." i grinned to the twins.

"of course! you're welcome here any time! as long as you're on good terms with our sister." i practically got back hand complimented by the oldest female Blight. i give out a awkward chuckle and shake my head yes.

"you two are annoying and boring so me and Luz are going to go on a walk around the block until she needs to go." Amity ushered grabbing my hand, i could desperately tell she wanted to leave. the siblings wave us off as we leave out the door. once the door was shut i hear a sigh from the small girl text to me. "lord almighty that was the worst." she said walking down the stairs pinching the bridge of her nose.

"they honestly weren't bad." i tell her laughing.

"that's not even them at their worst. trust me." she remarked as we started walking on the street. i grab her hand in mine and kiss her forehead.

"well i certainly liked it, Mittens." i slyly say looking over to her.

"oh my god my life is over." she exaggerated sulking her head forward. i laugh as we kept walking, she looked up to me and ended up cracking a smile. a comfortable silence fell upon us as we kept walking. it was starting to become dark sooner, it looked so pretty but i think Amity was the prettiest thing out here.