nine

luz p.o.v

damn King, he makes me embarrassed. as he walked past me he whispered, "don't have too much of a good time." it made me all red and practically go into panic mode. literally it will just be me and Amity together until she goes home, sure i could bring Hooty but i know i'll end up regretting it. and i mean, common, i've only known her for like a day or so. i shouldn't be gaining crushes this quickly.

but she is really pretty.

she makes me nervous, i hope she can't tell. "soooo... what do you wanna do?" i ask as i pull myself up to sit at the counter next to the dishes.

"we can hang out for a bit if you would like, but if you think i should go home i also understand." Amity tells me looking down at her feet.

"no, no, no! we can totally hang out!" i blurt out trying not to make her feel bad. to be honest i don't want to make her feel bad ever, "but we should change first."

"you're right." she looks up to me from her feet with a smile. we walk up to my room and she takes a seat on my bed while i start looking for clothes that she might like. today was a bright day, so maybe one of my old dresses would fit her.

"you alright with wearing a dress? i mean if you want to. it is sunny out today." i ask her holding out a yellow sundress to her. she grabbed it from me and thanked me.

she left to the bathroom to change as i picked out my own clothes. what if we matched? is that weird? of course it's weird! you've only known her for maybe twenty-four hours! i keep searching to try and get my mind off of it. Amity walks in, dress fitting perfectly. i mean, it's not like in the movies where she already has her hair and makeup done. she just put on a dress. but damn she looked pretty.

"what do you think?" she asked me, crossing her arms. i could clearly tell she was trying to hide herself.

"i love it Amity! i think you should wear it!" i give her a beaming smile trying to boost her confidence, which worked. Amity perked her body up a little and undid her arms. she gave me a sweet smile and went to sit on my bed.

"hey, Luz! crazy idea but what if we matched?" she remarked giving a an big smile and kicking her legs from my bed. when she said those words i felt like i was struck by lightning, but in a good way. my heart practically skipped a beat and, i of course, never thought she would ask that.

"oh hell yeah! here, wanna come over here and help me pick out mine?" i cheekily ask her taking a step to the side and point at the closet. she jumped up and started helping me. we decided on my black and yellow Nirvana tee shirt and beanie, black ripped jeans and my usual shoes. she folded my shirt sleeves and grabbed my wallet with my jean chain from the dresser as i was putting on my shoes.

i clipped on the chain, stood up and stretched my body. Amity was sitting on my bed texting on her phone, most likely her siblings wondering if she was okay. i walk over to the hidden goods and grab a joint for the go. "you ready?" i asked her looking at her combing her fingers through her hair.

"yeah of course! she said jumping up. she had on her normal shoes but honestly it really fit with the look. there was only one things missing. the lightbulb goes off in my head as i clearly remember. i tell her to follow me out as we left my room. we walk down stairs to the front door, i stop at the coat rack and grab a large sun hat. i place it on her head and she looked at me questioning what i was doing.

"there! absolutely beautiful!" i tell her putting my hands on my hips absolutely proud of how perfect it fit. she turned tomato and started to play with her hair. "really?" she asked me smiling up at me but not making eye contact. it made me blush too and i put my hand up to scratch my head. i gave her a nod and changed the subject as fast as i could.

"do you wanna go?" i requested pointing my thumb at the door. she agreed to go and we headed out.