twenty-one

Luz p.o.v

"okay, now that we're sitting can you tell me how you two know each other?" i fuss sitting in a chair in the back of the library. both Willow and Amity look at each other and sigh.

"me and Amity used to be best friends when we were little." Willow starts, "we were inseparable, we did everything together."

"that was until my parents found out." Amity stated. "due to my high ranking, i wasn't allowed to be friends with her. it ended up starting a fight between us and we stopped being friends. i had to get higher ranking friends." Amity looked down at the ground, you could tell it was making her uncomfortable. "they picked on Willow, and i felt like i had to fit in. so i did it too." she wrapped her arms around herself still looking at the ground.

"i was bullied by her and those kids until eighth grade." Willow states blankly, i could tell she was uncomfortable too. she was staring off holding her head in her hand, not making eye contact with either me or Amity.

"and one day i got dropped by those friends." Amity tells me looking up to me, she wouldn't look me in the eyes like usual. it was more like she was looking in the direction of me. "i came out." she said somberly. "i lost a lot of respect from my mother, classmates, and even some staff at the school too. and i ended up not really getting bullied, but i was the talk of the school for a while." she tells me shifting her gaze back down to her lap. "and when all that was happening, i went up to Willow and apologized. we still weren't friends, but it was a start."

"we would say hi to each other in the hallways, but we honestly just have been kinda separate since." Willow finished looking back to me. "that's why it's still awkward when we talk. we're not friends, but we're not enemies either. i know she still deals with a lot of the guilt from it." i turn my head to look back to Amity, she was practically slumped over and still had her arms around her, she shifted at Willows words and crossed her ankles.

i heard a ding go off and turn my head to Willow. she grabs her phone from her jacket and looks at the screen. "what's up?" i ask her.

"Boshca texted me, she's wondering where i'm at." Willow sighs and stands up. she walks up to Amity and sets a hand on her head, Amity jumping lightly from it. "we won't go into detail about what happened but i have to go. stay safe Amity, and i'll see you in class Luz." she takes her hand off of Amity's hand and walks off. i stand up and walk over to Amity, i crouch down to her level in front of her.

"talk to me, mi amor." i reassured reaching out hesitantly to set my hand on her leg.

"i didn't want you to know all that yet, it's really touchy with me." she took a pause. "i did a lot of bad things i regret. i'm worried that will change the way you view me." she looks up to me, tears brimming her eyes. it broke my heart seeing her like that. i could tell she wasn't acting, she wasn't trying to get me to side with her and excuse what she did. she was genuinely hurt by what she did.

"Amity don't cry, it's okay." i reassured grabbing one of her hands and holding it with both of mine rubbing her hand with my thumbs trying to soothe her. "things happen and people change sweetpea. i can tell this makes you uncomfortable, how about we talk about it some other time okay?" i ask sweetly not making any sudden movements or try and upset her. she gives me a small nod and closes her eyes, two tears from each eye rolled down her face as she sniffled a little bit. i take my hands and bring them up to her face. i cup her face and bring her face to look at mine, i wipe away the tears with my thumbs. "don't you have a suprise for me?" i ask. she nods her head. "wanna take me still? you made it sound really cool." i give her a little smile.

she gives me a weak smile and then reaches up and grabs my hands, she brings them down and sets them in her lap with hers. i lean forward and give her a kiss on the forehead and tell her it's all okay. she thanks me and i help her up. i held her hand as i started to follow her to the suprise she had. she still sniffled here and there which really felt like it put a dent in my heart. it hurt seeing her like this, i can tell she's changed, but it just hurts seeing her just full of regret.

we walk over to the teen romance section, to lighten the mood i tried to make a joke. "romance? you trying to say something too me?" i joke, i see her suppress a few giggles and looks up at me, her eyes were red but she was wearing a little smile.

"no not today Luz, but i am going to show you something." she stands on her toes and with her free hand reaches up to a book and pulls it, i hear a click from behind the bookshelf and she lets go of my hand to go to the other side of me and push on the case, it slid open like a glass door and there was a black void.

"a black void?" i ask her cocking my head to the side.

"even better." she says as she walks up to it. she seemed to have flicked on a light as what i thought was a dark void lit up into one got the most beautiful rooms i have ever seen.