thirty-one

Luz p.o.v

"oh, a customer came in. i'll be right back." Amity said getting up and walking to the customer saying hello. it was so cool seeing her make drinks. i feel like being a barista is a hard thing to do. you work with boiling hot water and coffee all the time and a steam thing that literally looks like it could kill you. Amity is the only one who i think looks beautiful handing something that could give you third degree burns.

she always looks so focused when making coffee, i think that's what makes it taste so good is because she puts patience into it. i sat there practically staring at her with my head in my hand with my elbow against the table. well i should've looked away because she looked up and we made eye contact. her face becomes bright red and she instantly whips her eyes back on what she was doing. i did the same and flipped my head to my work. i start typing away on my computer.

i heard the door close and i brought my eyes up again. i saw Amity wiping down the equipment and the counter. she looked back up and told me she needed to get ready for closing since it was in thirty minutes. i have her thumbs up and i started doing my schoolwork. after about fifteen minutes i heard her walk up to me. "having fun?" she asked her hands on her hips. she had a washcloth in one hand and a spray bottle in the other.

"always. if you're around." i joke turning my eyes back to my work to finish the sentence i was working on.

"you're hilarious Noceda. anyways, i need to just wipe down these tables and then i'll be done. then we can head out after." she tells me taking off her hands from her hips. she reaches down and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "thank you for waiting for me."

"no problem! it's always interesting watching you make coffee." i tell her finished with my sentence and closing my computer. she gives me a smile and goes to go clean tables. i put everything away and sit on the table waiting for her. maybe one day she could make me coffee every morning.

OH MY GOD NO. WAY TOO SOON TO BE THINKING THAT.

i practically break my neck turning my head the other way. i was giving myself an internal lecture on how i shouldn't be thinking that and having a internal crisis to add onto it at the same time. "i'm done, let me go put this away really fast." Amity tells me going to go put the things she was holding away. she comes back out and tells me she's ready for closing up shop. we both leave and she locks the door behind her. "now show me your bike that i'll somehow need to ride on." she joked looking up to me.

"now, now. it's my magical steed." i correct her laughing.

"yeah, that makes everything better Noceda." she laughs out following me. we walk over and i unlock my bike.

"have you ever rode on a bike with another person before?" i ask about to hop on my bike.

"do i look like i have?"

"good point. so anyways you want to put your feet on these bars and then just stand and hold onto my shoulders." i tell her pointing to the bars on the back wheels.

"simple enough, but if we crash i'm making you pay for my medical bills." she tells me patting my shoulder.

"wow, aren't you a doll." i sarcastically say.

"you love it." she mocked.

"you're right." i agree shrugging my shoulders and hoping on the bike. she hops on my bike and takes hold of my shoulders. we start riding to my house and once we started Amity stopped panicking as much about it tipping over. when we finally go to the owl house we hop off my bike. "see it's not as bad as you thought." i tell the shorter girl.

"well yeah, only because i didn't die." she said huffing. i place my hand on her head and give it a pat. i have her follow me inside and Hooty was the only one in the living room.

"where's King and Eda?" i ask looking over to him.

"they're in town. hi Amity!" she gives him a wave and he waves back. "Amity, Luz has not stopped talking about you! you should've heard her this morning at breakfast! it was literally 'blah blah Amity this, blah blah Amity that-!'" i take a pencil from the table and threw it at his head. my face was bright red and like i said i love Hooty but he doesn't know how to keep his damn mouth shut. Amity stood there amused. i grab her hand and pull her across the living room to the staircase.

"we'll be upstairs Hooty!" i yell out, dragging the small Blight behind me like a rag doll. once into my room i slam the door behind me and put my back against it.

"so you're obsessed with me?" Amity winks getting all up in my personal space. i felt like my face was going to explode from all the blood that was rushing up to it.

"me? obsessed? no. it's more like i have a distinct liking to you haha." oh my god that still sounds like an obsession. Amity's body was practically pushed up against mine, and i had nowhere to go since my back was against the door.

"how should i believe you?" she asked looking up to me. this would be heaven right now if i wasn't having a bi panic right now.

"because i said so?" i was mentally facepalming right now, i sounded so stupid. i try to keep my eyes off the Blight right in front of me.

she takes a step back and looks at me with a puzzled look on her face. "i don't believe you." she laughs giving me a smile. "now where's my clothes?" she asked turning and looking around the room.

i take a deep breath out and still think about what Hooty said. i push myself off the door and grab Amity's clothes for her. "here, also thanks for stopping by. it means a lot that you like to hang out with me." i stated handing her clothes, my face still slightly red.

"of course i like hanging out with you! i mean like i'm practically in love with yo-." she stops herself, her face instantly a tomato red. me and her were both still holding the clothes with each of our hands.