twenty-eight

Amity p.o.v

i wake up to my alarm. i turn it off and get up from my bed. i walk down my stairs to the bathroom and get ready. i walk up to my room to get my clothes and change. i then remembered to text Luz back. i pick up my phone and send her a good morning text saying that i couldn't wait to see her today.

i change into my work clothes and noticed, Luz has never seen me in my casual clothes. she's only seen me in a work uniform and sweats. it felt so embarrassing to know that might be the only way she sees me is looking like a slob. once i was fully ready for work the twins were downstairs bickering over how Ed made the coffee. i tell them i'm going to Luz's house after work. they thank me for letting them know and i head to work.

i put in my ear buds and turn on my music. once to work i noticed that Boshca must have opened up shop. i walk in and make sure everything was in order. i noticed how she didn't fill the machine or anything so i ended up doing it. i walk to the back once finished and say hi to the pink haired girl sitting at the desk doing paperwork. "hey Boshca. you're in early." i tell her crossing my arms and leaning against the door frame.

"hey Amity. i got here early because i heard Willow was coming with a few friends here." she tells me not looking up from her paperwork. "also i already checked the cash register and counted it, and i'll check you in too."

"thanks. and Luz said something about Willow and Gus coming with her when she was coming to see me." i tell her standing straight up.

"you know Luz?" she asked raising her head from her paperwork and turning to me in her chair.

"yeah me and her are-." i stopped thinking about what me and Luz really were. "we're talking right now." i finish.

"so i guess you know about me and Willow." she sighs. i nod my head yes. "we made up a few years ago, like right after you came out. i was questioning my sexuality and went to her about it since i saw her accept you and how she forgave your apology. we ended up growing close and we started dating a few months back." she tells me crossing her arms. i was astonished.

"Boshca, i think that is the most you have ever shared with me." i say placing a hand over my heart and closed my eyes.

"yeah whatever, shut up." she turns back to her paperwork. "you're supposed to be out on floor and cash register today. go away." i laugh and leave her be. i kept my music playing in my ear buds and wipe down tables. i text back Luz a few times. she texted me when she was on her way which was around ten minutes ago. i sat at the cash register on instagram waiting for her.

i feel a tap on my hand and look up. i see Luz, Willow, and Gus standing across from me. i take my headphones out and say hi. "you know where Boshca is at?" Willow asked me. i pointed to the back and she started walking that way. i tried to tell her she wasn't allowed back there but she didn't even bat an eye. i hear a giggle come from Luz and i turn to her.

"what's up?" she asked putting her hand on her hip. i give her a smile.

"just the usual. want anything to drink you two?" i ask the two people left in front of me. Gus asked for a cold brew and Luz made a snarky comment about how she wanted a kiss from me. i roll my eyes, "so you're wanting the usual?"

"sure thing sweetpea!" she agreed giving me a big smile. i told them i would bring it out to them after Luz paid. i made their drinks and walked it over to them. "hey, mi amor."

"hey." i said putting their drinks down in front of them.

"wanna sit with us?" the latina asked. on queue a regular walked in.

"let me just get this person really quick and i'll come sit with you guys." i walk up and take their order, once i got them their drink i went and sat down next to the tall brunette who was scribbling away on her note pad. "doing anything interesting?" i asked looking over on the paper.

"she's just writing down notes because we have a quiz today on psychology." Gus stated holding out his notes to Luz.

"wow Luz, forgot to study?" i boast giving her a smirk.

"of course not!" she defended still writing away on her paper. "you were spending the weekend. much more important than a stupid quiz."

"yeah it's not like you pay for this every quarter." i say with sarcasm raising a eyebrow.

"we'll you're much better than schoolwork." she tells me looking up from her notes. she gives me a cocky smile and winks. i feel heat rise to my face and i roll my eyes telling her to shut up.

me and Gus had a bit of small talk and every once and a while Luz would join into the conversation when she wasn't taking notes. Willow walks out from the back and sits at the table with all of us. she asked if i could make her a drink and obliged. she hands me some cash as i got up. she wanted a iced latte. when i get up and start working on it Luz comes up and puts her elbows on the counter resting her face in her hands. "what's up Noceda?" i tell her brewing the coffee.

"just watching a pretty girl work. also i have a complaint." she tells me not taking her eyes off me.

"and what's that?" i ask pouring the espresso into the glass.

"i never got my kiss that i ordered." she winks over to me. my face becomes red and told her we don't sell those here. "but please?" she begged.

"ugh fine, once i'm done with this drink though." i tell her grabbing the milk from the fridge.

"yes!" she whisper yelled putting her hand in a fist. i roll my eyes and finish the drink, a small smile on my face. this girl was the best. i set the drink on the counter and put my hand on my hip looking to the girl in front of me. "do i get my kiss now?" she asked standing up straight again. i nod my head yes, i felt my face become bright red.

i lean over the table and give the tall latina a kiss on the lips. "is that better?" i ask pulling away from her.

"yep! my dreams have now come true." she said giving me a smile, i give her a small smile back. i bring the drink over to Willow, Luz following right behind. Willow took a drink and thanked me. i sat down and Luz sat next to me again. she grabbed my hand from under the table and interlaced our fingers. she gave me a smile and with her freehand started writing her notes again. after about thirty minutes of talking and having a good time they had to leave. they pack up and Willow went in the back to say bye to Boshca and Gus went to wait outside. Luz sat on one of the tables waiting for Willow, i stood right next to her.

"so you said you're going to stop by after class?" i asked looking over to her.

"yep! and if you want i could wait until you're out of work and give you a ride to my house to pick up your stuff." she tells me giving me a smile.

"in Eda's car?" i asked raising a eyebrow.

"nope!" she exclaimed jumping off the table and turning around pointing her thumb to her chest. "my bike!"

"how charming." i laugh walking up to her. she gives me a smile and gives me a hug. i give her a hug back and look up to her face. "it sounds perfect."

"great! i'll be out of class at around one. what time does your shift end?" she asks looking down to me. her smile gave me butterflies.

"around four. is that too long? you don't have to wait for me." worry starting to take over the butterflies.

"no that's perfect. this place has free wifi so i could do some schoolwork while i wait." she beamed giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"have fun at class, and make sure to pass that test." i reminded her.

"i will mi amor. i'll miss you." she tells me unraveling from the hug.

"i'll miss you too." she bends down and kisses me on the lips. just as i was settling into the kiss we heard someone clear their throat. Luz and i flip our heads to the direction we heard the noise from. my face turning bright red like a tomato.

"you guys done yet? there's only fifteen minutes till class." Willow says crossing her arms leaning against the counter.

"haha yep!" Luz panicked. "i'll see you later Amity!" she kisses my forehead and practically books it out the coffee shop. Willow stood up straight and started walking off giving me a wave. i just hold my hand up and say bye. as soon as the shop door closed i got hit will a thousand pounds of embarrassment.

"oh lord."