six

amity p.o.v

girls like me?

"what do you mean?" i ask her closing in so i get a answer. the high is definitely hitting, i'm starting to act like a detective.

"oh you know, like; long hair, brown or hazel eyes, shorter than me, funny. you know, the good stuff." she stammered to all say, i have this feeling like she's panicking and it's weird. although sadly i am too high to care and brush it off.

"okay! i hope you find the right partner." i tell her setting a hand on her shoulder. it felt like her face dropped, i wonder why. but she instantly perked back up again and we started talking about all the things we had in common. which is surprisingly a lot. she told me she also loves the Azura books, and that she wanted to be a witch when she was younger. we probably would've been best friends when i was younger.

her face would light up when she would talk about something she liked, i can tell she's a person that cares a lot. i was super giggly and felt like on cloud nine, i was definitely way more high and drunk than Luz. me and her went through half the bottle of fireball, six beers, and two joints. Luz's two friends, who i learned was named Hooty and King came back and i got to talk to them. i was feeling way more social, i learnt how they met Luz and what she was like when she was younger. of course Luz was super embarrassed and said it was confidential for me to learn all these facts.

King was alright, self entitled, but seemed like a good friend. Hooty on the other hand was so annoying, i feel like he is walked on but his voice makes me want to punch him in the face. like he would get in my personal space a lot and it felt like i was gonna get my eardrums blasted out by how loud his voice is. Luz of course was the nicest though, it was more like i was in her personal space than she was in mine.

we decided to try a drinking game, it was never have i ever with alcohol. me and Luz shared the fireball while the guys drank the bourbon. "so who wants to start off?" Luz questions taking a sip of her liquor.

"oh! oh! me! me!" King exclaimed raising his hand, "never have i ever ate dog food!"

none of us took a drink besides Hooty. "ew! you ate dog food Hooty?!" Luz shrieked making a sour face.

"yes! what's wrong with trying it?" he smiled.

"it's not good for you!" Luz shriveled still with disgust.

"anyways," i chime in, "i'll go next. never have i ever drank spoiled milk." we each took a drink. the game went on for some time. i started feeling dizzy and felt like i couldn't even remember what i was doing.

"Luz?" i fumble with my words as i grab her arm, "i don't feel so good."

"do you think you're gonna throw up?" she asked turning her whole attention to me, she looked at me with concern. her eyes really sparkled in the stars, it was pretty.

"no i don't think so, i just feel dizzy and my vision is blurry. i feel like i can't remember everything." i tell her trying super hard to focus on my words without slurring.

"i'm pretty sure you're getting black out drunk sweetpea." she giggled, smiling at me softly. her hair looks really soft, without thinking i take off her beanie and pat her head. her face goes bright red, she looks like a tomato. "how about you text your siblings, and ask to stay with me for the night. you're really drunk and my house is closer."

i pull out my phone and i can't text for my life. "i can't do it." i say hand her my phone, "can you do it for me?"

"of course!" she grabs my phone and texts my siblings group chat. about thirty seconds later a loud ping went off and Luz picks up my phone, "they said it is alright. and just to keep them updated." i nodded and thanked her. she turned to the boys and asked if they were ready to leave, they agreed. they both stumbled up and Luz followed, i on the other hand felt like i couldn't stand at all.

"help." i say reaching out to Luz. she give me her hands and helps me up, i instantly start stumbling. she keeps hold of me and i felt like i could see a lightbulb light up in her head.

"here, get on my back." Luz tells me and drops down to her knees, i tell her alright. see normal me wouldn't take this offer and do it on my own but my drunk self couldn't do it for the life of me. i wearily hop on Luz's back and she used the tree as a support as she get to a standing position. King grabs the bags and told Luz they'll hide the remaining liquor and weed in her room, she nodded her head.

we started to head off and i ended up getting comfortable on Luz's back, i set my head on her shoulder and just take in things around me. i could hear her heartbeat, it was nice. the light pitter-patter of her heart sounding like rain on a beautiful night, i used to hate the rain. although this sound was certainly changing my mind, i felt as though hypnotized by it as my eyelids got heavy. i soon faded off to sleep.

no dream, just the pitter-patter sound of her heart.