33. Dont Go Too Far

Warning ⚠️ sensitive content mentioned

Julies POV

Me : He what Alex? It's okay you can tell me

Alex : He... he tried to OD and tried to cut his wrists

I step back from him and cover my mouth with one of my hands. I go against the counter and look at him. Alex is still looking at the floor with slight small tears forming in his eyes and I could hear slight sniffles.

Me : w-what? You mean he tried to-

Alex : freshman year. We were at practice and his parents came marching in screaming at him for not telling them where he was going before he left. Started cussing at him about being in the band and being pan. He screamed at them telling them that this wasn't the time and they will discuss it later because Reg was having an anxiety attack since he had to hear yelling from his parents. Luke's parents left and for 2 hours it was back to normal with us jamming. Then Tyler , Rick and 2 of their other friends came by. We still don't know how they found our rehearsal space but that besides the point. I begged them not to take Luke but they did dragging him out. I ran to the side of the garage and they already drugged him and forced weed down his throat. He wasn't angry but inside just panicked and that was also the first time I've seen Luke burst into tears. He first attempted to force more drugs down to block his airway but I pushed them out of him. He continued to ball his eyes out and said "FUCK YOU ALEX" and ran off towards his house. While the group was laughing their asses off , I hit one of them over the head with a log and Reg and I ran off after him. When we got to his house we raced to his bedroom bathroom and it was locked. I banged hard on the door and reg yelled his name but there was no answer. Finally I had enough and kicked the door open. When we went inside we saw Luke on the floor , a blade next to him , eyes shut and both wrists bleeding heavily. I grabbed towels to wrap around his wrists while Reg called 911. We knew Mitch and Emily weren't going to do shit so we took the matter in our hands. My best friend was not about to die on my watch. The medics came and he was rushed to the hospital. It took a full day before he woke up and he was confused and lightheaded. He was trying to get up but they tied him down in case he tried to hurt himself again. With heavy hearts Reg and I explained to him everything that happened and Luke was speechless. I asked him even if he weren't on the drugs if he considered ending his life and he said nothing and just nodded. From that day forward I never left his side for too long or with those fucking assholes. I cut them off from him as much as I could before we reconnected with you. I don't want him to go too far again.

I was quiet. Luke? The boy with the brightest smile and biggest flirt I've ever met? This is what his life was? If it weren't for Alex and Reggie being there on time he would've been dead and I would've even known because of all of us losing our memories. I want to help him with this but how? I don't want to take him to a doctor cause what benefit would that do? They would just give him antibiotics which the number thing he shouldn't have. I could try a therapist but he doesn't open up clearly. I am torn. He is the best thing that's ever been in my life and it hurts me seeing him in this much pain. My first instinct is to go upstairs to him. That's exactly what I do. Without saying a word I ran up the stairs. Alex was behind me yelling my name trying to stop me but I'm not gunna listen. I bust open my door and Luke was already awake watching Netflix on my laptop. He looked up from the screen and gave me a warm smile. That face turned to confusion as he saw the worry and nervousness in my eyes. I jumped on the bed and hugged him tighter then I ever have and quick sobs sneaks their way out.

Luke : what happened princess? Is everything ok?

Me : A-Alex told me everything that happened in freshman year

At this point Alex is in the room and his face turned white as he saw the glare Luke was giving him. That glare turned to sadness and he buried his head in my shoulder.

Luke (muffled) : you told her everything?

Alex : yeah I'm sorry bud but she had to know.

Luke (still muffled) : I know I'm not mad at you

Luke picks up his head and moves his hands to my cheeks and wipes the fallen tears with his fingers. He sniffles before speaking.

Luke : princess look at me I'm okay see? Yes I was in a darker place but I'm better now.

Me : Luke no you're not and you know you're not. I know you want pretend that you are for me but that's not gonna happen. I want to help you and after a bit of thinking I think I know the only way how.

Luke : what are you saying?

That's it for this book thanks for enjoying every chapter and I hope you all are satisfied wi- okay okay I'm just messing this isn't the end it's far from it. But as always

Til next time
-Peyton 💖