40. Where'd he go?

Some of y'all are gunna be so confused with what's going to happen in this chapter but oh well

Julie runs out of the room and back into he living room in a state of anxiety , confusion , anger and god knows what else.

Alex : woah woah Julie what's wrong

Julie : Lukes gone he's not in his room and he left his phone and a letter. HE LEFT WITHOUT ME!! Or worse what if he got taken?? What if someone grabbed him?? What if he's drugged again??? What if he reached his boiling point and and this time he went too far???

Reggie : hey hey easy Lil sis easy why don't we read the letter that will explain everything okay?

Alex : yeah take a deep breath

Jacob : Hey Alex seems you got a lot on your plate I'll see you later okay?

Alex : y-yeah yeah sure bye Jacob

Jacob : bye hun

Jacob kisses Alex on the cheek , winks and leaves the room. Alex is frozen with red spreading all over his face and down his neck. Reggie snaps his fingers to get him out of his frozen state

Reg : wake up lover boy we have a mystery on our hands!!

Alex : yeah yeah right sorry

The three of them go back into Lukes empty room and stare at the letter

Reggie : we don't know what's in that thing who gunna open it?

Alex : I'll do it Reg hold Julie in case there's something in there that might set her off

Reggie : angry or crying?

Alex : does it matter it's Julie just do it

Reggie wraps his arms around Julie while Alex picks up the letter and opens it. He unfolds the letter and scans the horrible hand writing. He scrunches his eyebrows in confusion

Julie : Well? What does it say damnit?!

Alex it says ,

Jules ,
If you are seeing this letter than that means I left. There was a different letter I wrote to you but I decided to tweek it and write a new one. I know you might be scared and thinking of the worse possible scenarios that's something you and Alex have in common. But I just want you to know that I am fine and didn't go to New Jersey. Instead I went somewhere else and had a run in with some people if you can figure it out you'll find me and I'll say the rest in person.

I love you and I'll do anything for you
- Lukey

Julie : what the fuck are we supposed to do with that?!

Reggie : classic Luke trying to make everything into a game

Julie : well this isn't a game. He lied to me and left me without any clue to figure out where he is! What if he's hurt? We don't know when he wrote that stupid letter he could be anywhere?!

Alex : we'll find him Jules dont worry. He said he had a run in with some people so maybe they'll lead us to him. He doesn't sound in trouble so it has to be someone he knows and trusts.

Julie : that still doesn't give us anything! Why dont we search his normal Luke places?

Alex : that might be predictable but then again so is Luke.