Chapter Twenty Five

Time Skip - Dinner

Thomas was thrown in the pit not too long ago, and it was now time for dinner.

I was sitting at my usual spot with Minho, Newt, Teresa, and Chuck.

"Hey," Chuck whispers in my ear from beside me. "I'm gonna go give this to Thomas." He says pointing to some food. He wrapped it in cloth so I can't tell what was in there.

I smile at him and whisper, "don't worry. I won't let Gally find out."

"Thanks," he whispers while running off.

Tonight, dinner was much quieter than usual. I haven't said a word to Newt after we were yelling at each other, which doesn't make any sense. It's not like we were fighting or anything. I could just feel this tension between us, it was indescribable. Maybe it was because we never yell at each other, we just don't know how to react.

Minho did most of the talking, making sarcastic remarks and making fun of Gally's eyebrows.

"So, Teddy," Teresa asks me. "How's it like being the only girl?"

I smile and shrug. "I don't mind."

"What job do you have?" She asks.

"Well, it doesn't really have a label I guess. I kinda do a mix of all." I explain.

Minho and Newt stay quiet, munching on their supper and listening to our conversation.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asks. I set down my fork and my cheeks turn bright red. I can feel Newt's eyes on starring at me. What made things so awkward between us today!?

"Uhm no," I finally say, nervously chuckling.

"How come?" Teresa say before taking a bite of food.

"What do you mean?" I say confused.

"I mean, why don't you have a boyfriend?" She explains. "There's like 45 boys running around and not one of them has caught your eye?"

"Man you sure ask a lot of questions," I said chuckling again, becoming uncomfortable. "And no, some of them are like brothers to me."

"Ya nasty," Minho says laughing.

"What are you talking about shank?" I sigh looking at him annoyed.

"You have a crush on your brother?" He says. I glance at Newt who has a questioning look on his face.

"Dude what?!" I say confused. "I don't even have a crush!"

"Oh please! You couldn't pay me to believe there isn't something going on between you and Newt." Minho blurts out.

My heart immediately starts racing and my cheeks are boiling red.

"What!?" Newt and I say at the same time.

And with that, Minho just chuckles and walks away with his dishes.

Why would Minho say that! Doesn't he already feel the tension between us? And why does he ship us so much? We're just friends can't he respect that?

I'm not done with my food, but I don't have an appetite to finish . I get up with my dishes and leave the table without saying a word.

Newt's POV

Teddy just left the table, she seemed super uncomfortable. And I mean, I don't really blame her. First, Teresa was putting her on the spot, asking her about her love life. THEN Minho had to be a bloody slinthead and talk about how Teddy has a crush on me. To top it all off, there already is a tension between us! I know, it's stupid. And I don't even know why there is one.

"I'm sorry," I look up from my plate to see Teresa looking at me frowning. "I shouldn't have brought that up, I can see it made you both uncomfortable."

I smile slightly, appreciated that she was thoughtful about our feelings. "It's okay, it's not really your fault anyhow. There's already a tension between us."

She slowly nods her head. "Well um, I'm gonna go take care of these." She says picking up her empty dishes.

I look up again and see Teddy running outside into the dark, carrying a book. I should talk to her.

~~~
Dayumm

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to comment what you think.
Have a great day/night :)

Liv x