Chapter Twenty Two

Newt's POV

It's only been a few minutes and when Chuck comes over.
"She's gonna be okay, right?" He asks worriedly.

"Minho says she will be," I say stroking her hair.

Chuck sit right next to me and whispers something in her ear. I scoff sarcastically, "you keepin secrets from me."

Chuck only smiles, then plants a kiss on Teddy's forehead. "You know you're a very sweet kid, Chuck."

He shrugs and smiles. "I try."

I smile at him and chuckle just as Thomas comes over.

"She doing alright?" He asks sitting down next to us.

I nod. "She seems okay, maybe just needs sleep. I should probably get her to her bed."

He nods. "She's very brave you know, you should've seen her. Nearly killed herself a second time trapping a griever."

My eyes widen with shock but before I can say anything Chuck beats me to saying my exact thoughts. "You saw a griever?" He gathers other Gladers attention by saying it too loudly. Boys come over, wanting to hear what happened next.

Before Thomas can go any further, Minho says, "she didn't just see one. She killed it!"
The Gladers all burst into chatter and the boys tell us all about the night in the Maze.

After they are finished, I carry Teddy to her bed. I lay her down and kiss her on the forehead.

"I miss you so much." Is all I whisper before heading outside.

~~~
This one was very very short, I'm sorry! But just wait til the next few chapters🤭 it gets good I promise :)

Olivia x