Chapter Twenty Seven

Wow over 600 reads!? I did not expect this thank you all! I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I am writing it. I also love reading your comments, it makes me happy :)

~~~

Time skip - Next morning

Teddy's POV

Thump...

"...Hey Fry come check this out!"

Thump...

...thump...

"Hey lovebirds! Rise and shine!"

Ugh. Minho. I think to myself, knowing it's him even without opening my eyes.

Wait- lovebirds?

I open my eyes, only to see right in front of me a sleeping Newt. Not only that, but our arms wrapped around each other, and us pulled so tightly together there is barely any space between our bodies.

I glance up and see Minho hovering over us, smirking. Chuck, Thomas and Frypan stand in the doorway.
Holy hell I gotta get outta this.

I release my grip around Newt's torso, and quickly wiggle my way out of his arms. I climb out of the bed quickly.
Minho stands right next to the bed and I shove him out of the way giving him a dirty look, and run straight out the door pushing past Chuck and Fry. All's I do is stand outside, it's my hut anyhow.
What a great way to start my morning.

"Come on Newt," I hear Minho say from inside. "Today's Thomas's first day running. Wanna say goodbye?"
Newt mumbles something in response that I can't hear.

The boys all walk out of my hut and start walking towards the Kitchen. It's still really early in the morning, the sun is barely up. No one really says a word on our way to breakfast. I'm mostly exhausted and lost in my thoughts. Why was Newt in my bed? And why were we holding each other? And why did I like it?

I stretch my arms out above my head feeling anxious as I take a deep breath. He's my best friend, of course I like his presence.

It feels like I'm having an argument with my thoughts, and I don't know who's right or who's wrong. If there even is a right or wrong. I don't think I've ever felt this confused.

~~~

Breakfast is like usual, except now there's Teresa. I've been thinking lately about how familiar she seems, but maybe I'm just making myself believe that. Our voices sound very similar too, but who the hell knows.

Nobody really says anything, really it's too early and nobody feels the need to.

When we're all finished with breakfast we head to the Corridors, our usual morning routine. The sun is just rising over the tall cement walls as they begin to open.

"You be careful out there," Newt says.

"Always," Minho says as he leads Thomas into the Maze.

Thomas gives a small smile and a wave before following Minho.

I stand there with Chuck, Newt and Teresa, and we watch the boys until we can no longer see them.

Newt turns and starts walking away, Chuck close behind him.

"Well come on them!" He says. "Chores are awaiting."

I share a glance with Teresa and we head to Homestead. I grab her hand and we both run past Newt and Chuck. "See ya!" I laugh.

"What do you want me to do?" Teresa asks me as we enter Homestead.

"Weekly bathroom cleaning," I say smiling sarcastically, handing her a bucket with a couple of rags.

Her eyes go wide and she looks as if she's holding in a laugh. "Oh- goodie!"

We both start giggling. "Don't worry, I'll come with you. Not much else to do anyhow."

I lead her outside and she follows me to the showers and toilets.
Before we enter, I stop her at the entrance. "Hold your breath." I say while sucking in a big one.

"Why!?" She laughs.

I release my breath to talk to her. "Dude, have you smelt these boys?" I move my head to gesture around the Glade. "Just imagine what their showers smell like, it ain't pretty that's for sure."

She laughs before sucking in a huge breath, just as I did moments ago.

~~~

I couldn't be more happy to have the company of a girl around here. It feels like Teresa actually understands me so well. I first I was a little skeptical about becoming friends with her, but I'm so glad I gave it a try. She's super funny and kind, and I love her personality.

~~~

Me and the Gladers gather around the corridors waiting for Minho and Thomas to come back.

They both jog through the corridors with expressions on their faces that I cannot read.
"Well what the hells been going on out there?" Newt says, his voice cracking making his accent sound raspy, it makes my heart melt.

Wait what-

"We found somethin," Thomas says while walking quickly beside Minho. The others and I follow closely behind them. "A knew passage, I think it could be a way out."

Wow... I think to myself in disbelief.

"Really?"  Newt questions, trying to keep up with there fast pace.

"It's true," Minho responds out of breath. "We opened a door, there was something I've never seen before. Think it must be where the grievers go in the day."

"Wait woah woah woah," Chuck says jogging over. "Wait you're saying you found the grievers home, and you want us to go in?"

"There was in could be our way out, Chuck." Thomas explains.

"Yeah or there could be a dozen grievers on the other side! The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he's done as usual!" Gally says, raising his voice sternly.

"Oh shit," I mumble to Chuck, knowing exactly what's about to go down.

Thomas immediately stops in his tracks and turns around to face the bigger boy.

"Yeah well at least I did something, Gally." Thomas says, his voice raising with every word. "I mean what have you done!? Huh? Aside from hide behind these walls all the time."

I can see the veins in Thomas's neck popping out.

"Lemme tell you somethin, Greenie." Gally says getting closer to Thomas. "You've been here 3 days. Alright I've been here 3 years-"

Thomas interrupts him. "Yeah you've been here 3 years and you're still here, Gally! Alright so what does that tell you maybe you should start doing things-"

"Guys," Teresa says, trying to interrupt Thomas but the boys keep bickering. "Hey! It's Alby, he's awake." And with that she's off to the med Jack hut.

~~~
Guys I'm over 900 reads! I seriously couldn't thank you all enough, and I really hope you are enjoying it!