Planning (Decorations)

"So, how are the decorations going to go?" Rantaro asked you, sitting across from you in a cafe.

"Well, flowers are pretty traditional for weddings..." You looked through a magazine Kiyo gave to Rantaro. "By the way, why did Kiyo have a wedding magazine? Are you already-?"

"It just came in the mail not too long ago."

You eyed him suspiciously, but continued skimming through the magazine. "Oh, this is kind of nice." You held up the magazine. "For each table number is pictures of you at that age... But I guess neither of us would have that anymore, huh?"

Rantaro nodded. "Yeah... what about this one: candles under a gold painted pot with flowers on top." You looked over. "Isn't... Kiyo going to be a bit disturbed by that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well..." You explained to Rantaro exactly how Kiyo died and his face contorted into that of a horror movie watcher. "Right, yeah. Let's not do that."

"We can still stick with candles."

"This is kind of cool

"This is kind of cool." Rantaro looked over. "Oh, I like that! We might need to dial down on the candles and wine glasses though."

"Of course. And the flowers probably need to be closer to the theme as well." Rantaro looked at tablecloths. "The table cloth is staying white, right?"

"Yeah. Kokichi said that he wants to keep that part the same to see how long it takes for it to stain." You chuckled. "And that it compliments the 'wedding vibe'. But he did like this idea."

You held your phone in front of Rantaro.

"Just with K + (first letter of y/n). He wants everyone to know that it's me and him. According to his messages, anyway." You shut off your phone. "Kokichi's already messaged you about the utensils and plates and stuff, right?"

"Yep. They're a nice pick."

You tapped your cheek with a pencil. "Kokichi's deciding on everything relating to food and drinks, so I doubt much wine is actually going to be included. But if there is, Hannah and Genesis are still underaged."

"I doubt they'll even want any. Also, Kokichi wanted checkered napkins, just to add a little spark to it. Would it work?"

Rantaro nodded. "I don't know if it'll work black and white. But... maybe white and gold? Or black and gold." You nodded and texted Kokichi.

"Next is the wedding arch." Rantaro flipped through the pages and landed on the page that was titled "arches".

"Kokichi said he didn't want the normal wooden rectangles with flowers." You flipped through a few more pages.

"Oh, what about a circular one?" Rantaro stopped on a page and held it up.

"Oh, it gives a kind of mystical vibe." You wrote it down.

"Your wedding's going into the night, right? What about releasing lanterns?" Rantaro showed a picture. "They kind of remind me of that one movie."

"That'd be a good idea. Hold on." You took a picture and sent it to Kokichi, who sent back a smiley face with a thumbs up. "Yep, he likes it. He said it should have the same engraving as the table cloth, with the K + (first letter of y/n)."

"Sure thing. The aisle... what carpet should it have?"

"I think it should kind of be like my/Kokichi's suit. F/C with gold accents." Rantaro searched it up. "Yep, there's one. Okay, so we've got that done. Is that it?"

"It seems like it. Thanks for helping."

"It's no problem!"

"... I'm helping with you and Kiyo's wedding."

"Y/N!!"