Bond

It's been a while since Genesis first said that she heard your heartbeat. She never said it again, so you assumed she had been imagining things, but Kokichi was still hung onto the idea, unknown to you.

"Y/N." You sat up in bed and peered at the door to see Makoto poking his head through the slightly opened door. "Oh.. Makoto." You slurred as you rubbed your eye. "What's wrong?"

He walked in and observed the room; the only people there were you and him. "Well, it's about Genesis. I'm told that one of our shelters can take her in now." You face dropped. "Oh... really?" You questioned. "That's... great! She'll be in a better environment... at least."

Makoto sighed. "Sorry Y/N. I know you two created a bond while she stayed here, but now that there are less people occupying one of our shelters, I think it's best for her to go there."

You shook your head. "No, it's fine. As long as she's in a good place." He smiled. "I can get why all your friends care about you. You're very sweet."

He turned and opened the door again. "I'll inform the others. And be sure to come for lunch." You hummed in affirmation as you watched him leave.

Not even ten minutes later, the door creaked open again, this time Kyoko standing in the doorway. "Good morning, Y/N. I apologize if this is a bad time, but do you think you could come down to Kazuich's lab?" You nodded and got out of bed.

As you walked next to Kyoko, you asked, "What are we going to do there?" She glanced at you with worried eyes. "You have my full permission to decline, but I wish to see your memories one more t-" "Oh, okay!"

She looked at you with curious eyes as you continued walking down the hall. "A strange one, they are." She said.

Once you were both at Kazuichi's lab, you were hooked up to the machine once more and Kyoko and Kazuichi stood in front of the screen that played your memories.

.

After a few minutes, Kazuichi turned off the machine and helped you out of the helmet. "You seem... calmer this time." You grinned. "Well I already know what I'm going to be looking at, so why would I be scared?"

You walked out of Kazuichi's lab and back to the room. The moment the door closed, you leaned back on it and slowly sat down with a big sigh. You held your head in your hands, the memories replaying before your eyes.

"I just... need to breath." You told yourself. Taking deep breaths, you tried to clear your mind from the awful things you witnessed while you were hooked up to that machine.

You remembered when you first became friends with Kokichi and Kaito and Miu and Maki. They seemed so lonely before you met them. Maki was always a nervous wreck, and never realized that she was very talented. Miu was always ignored, when she was really a shining star. Kaito was always seen as the guy who didn't give a crap about anything, but he cared so much; maybe a little too much. And Kokichi was completely different from how you knew him now, all vulnerable and rather shy.

"I'm glad I helped them..." You muttered to yourself, looked at your knee. You traced the constellation 'Pegasus' on your lower thigh, just like with Maki. Then you blinked and remembered saving Kaito. "I guess I have saved a life before."

The clock hung on the wall struck twelve and it was time for lunch.

When you walked into the dining room, you saw that you were the last one there. Like always, there was a seat right next to Kokichi, and you were fully convinced that he would (try to) scare people off so no one would sit there. You sat down and Kokichi immediately put his hand over yours.

"Why, thank you."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

You chuckled and looked at Kyoko. "Is something wrong, Kyoko?" She snapped out of her thinking face and looked at you. "Oh, nothing's wrong... Can everyone from the End Wall stay after dinner?" Everyone nodded and she continued eating.