Paper Stars

Your eyes flickered open and you saw the ground... many feet below you. "Agh!" YOU quickly moved away from the edge of the roof and looked around. "Oh yeah... I was up here with-"

Your eyes widened. "Kokichi!" Staring down at the ground, you searched the ground in hopes that you wouldn't find anything. Thankfully, you didn't, but it didn't stop your rapid heartbeat. "Goodness gracious." You whispered as you put your hand on your chest.

"Hey Y/N?" You glanced at the door to the roof and saw Shuichi in the doorway. "Ah, Shuichi. What's up?"

"Genesis is looking for you."

"Okay! I'm coming."

You stood up and walked into the building with Shuichi. When you got to the dining hall, you saw Genesis crying at the dining table. "Genesis! What's wrong?" You ran over to her and knelt down in front of her.

She sniffled and wiped her tears. "The guy with the bulky hair told me that I was going to leave..." You looked at Hajime and Makoto. "Bulky hair?" You snickered.

"I can see where Kokichi's personality came from." Hajime sighed. You looked at Genesis. "Well, yeah, you'll have to go some time. This place isn't safe for a little girl like you. But you'll make plenty of friends where you're going!"

She looked at you with glossy eyes. "B-but you won't be there." Kokichi, who was sitting across the table, leaned back in his chair. "Yeah, a place without Y/N is a depressing place."

"Kokichi, you're not making this any better!" Mahiru scolded. "Could you quit flirting!"

Kokichi snickered and you sighed. "Genesis, you'll see me again. But where you're going, you'll be able to see if we can find your parents. Right Makoto?"

Makoto nodded. "Byakuya runs the place, so he'll be able to see if she belongs to anyone there from his records." You gave Genesis a comforting smile as she wiped away her tears once more.

.

.

.

It came the day that Genesis was supposed to leave, and she hadn't left your side the whole day. You hung out with her for the rest of the time she was there, and she had a blast... which is why it hurt to say goodbye at the end of the day.

"I don't wanna leave!" She sobbed with her head in your chest. You chuckled and stroked her hair. "Don't worry! It's not like I'll be gone forever! We'll see each other again."

She wiped her eyes as Makoto peeked his head out of the helicopter. "We've gotta go before it gets too dark." She gave you one last big hug before hopping on the helicopter and flying off.

You gave a bittersweet smile and walked back into the building.

"Oh Y/N~" You stopped and smiled - a real one this time. "Hey Kokichi-" You were quickly cut off by a peck on the lips and a grin once he pulled away. Your face flushed as you turned your head. "What is it, Kokichi?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to see you get flustered."

"Well, it seems like that didn't quite work."

"WHAT?! I thought I was the liar here, Mind Reader."

You looked at him and sighed. "Okay, now what do you really want?" He grinned and walked up next to you. "Looks like you through my lie again! Well, I wanted to ask you if you knew where Kiibo was."

"No." You answered back. "Aw, why?" "Because I know you'll just put magnets on him. Besides, I don't know where he is."

Kokichi pouted and looked away from you. "Fine... but when we're sleeping, we're all in the same room."