You Showed Me

Everyone's eyes widened as they saw that oh-so familiar face come on screen. They heard the voice of the person that kept them high, even when they were about to break. The person... that was always... there.

You showed Kaede that she's not alone.

You showed Shuichi that he had so much to him.

You showed Ryoma that he's more than his past.

You showed Kirumi that she has someone there for her as well.

You showed Rantaro that a talent doesn't define who you are.

You showed Kiyo that people will see him for more than his mistakes.

You showed Tenko how to accept people, even if that doesn't mean you'll be close.

You showed Angie that fear may not be obvious, but that doesn't mean you should face it alone.

You showed Gonta that strength can still be there, even when you're scared.

You showed Miu that her passion wouldn't be ignored.

You showed Kaito that being cared for doesn't mean you're weak.

You showed Himiko how to express herself more.

You showed Kiibo that he's accepted, no matter his differences.

You showed Maki that feelings aren't to be hidden.

You even showed Tsumugi that there's kindness and hope everywhere, as long as the right people are there, too.

And Kokichi.... you showed him so much. You showed him that feelings aren't weak, that there's more to him than the mistakes he made, that there will always be someone who will break through his mask, and... that you would always be there for him.

The video paused for a moment. "Of course, you need a proper viewing experience!" The podiums shifted so they were all side by side, and facing the screen. The video of your audition continued... but it wasn't what everyone thought it would be.

"To be honest... I was never really a huge fan of Danganronpa. As much as my friends talk about it, I've never really had an interest with... people killing each other, and then getting executed. But... that's kind of the whole reason I'm auditioning. This probably won't get me in, but I'd want to try. As much as Danganronpa... disturbs me, my whole role in life has always been protecting people. And.... I'd really want to do that! Even if... I die. I want to... bring hope.. and keep everyone safe!"

The monitor shut off as everyone stared in disbelief at the blank screen. "They... said that?" Kaede whispered. Tsumugi cackled as the monitors ascended back into the ceiling. "Hear that? They wanted to protect you! You, of all people!" As her cackles echoed through the room, you flew up to Kiibo and whispered. "Listen to your inner voice."

Kiibo looked up and around, but heard the inner voice you wanted him to hear. "Remedy this." The podiums returned back to a circle and Tsumugi changed into Junko. "Feel the despair? You feel it! Ah! Just like the audience wants!" Kiibo spoke up. "No..." Tsumugi went silent. "What?"

"My inner voice... is telling me to remedy this! To fix it! If this is all real fiction... then some of it has to be real, right? Even if we're fictional, we can still do something!" Tsumugi tilted her head. "You haven't realized it yet? You're the audience surrogate. That inner voice you've got there? That's from the audience survey! You get it from your antennae, but when that broke off, we got so many complaints from the audience!"

Kiibo went silent, but then, Kokichi spoke. "So... you're telling me that the audience didn't want despair?" Tsumugi turned to him. "What are you talking about? Of course-" "Because, if the audience wants despair, they wouldn't tell Kiibo to remedy this situation, right?" Rantaro nodded and looked at Kaede. "R-right! So.. you're wrong!"