Ending the Killing Game?

We all dismissed the message as a prank and because we didn't have a Flashback Light, we all went back to our rooms.

But before I could enter mine, I heard Shuichi ask me to come to his room. I went in and he patted the area next to him on his bed. I sat down next to him. "What did you wanna talk about?"

"It's about Kokichi. Do you really think we should dismiss the message as a prank?" I leaned on Shuichi's headboard. "As much as I would love to, I don't think we should." Just then, we heard a knock at the door. Shuichi went to open it and we saw Maki in the doorway.

"Oh, Y/N, you're here. Kaito just asked me to see his research lab, and I want you two to come." We both nodded and followed Maki to her research lab.

"Oh, Shuichi you came, too." Kaito said once we arrived. I looked at the two back and forth. This is about the trial yesterday, isn't it? Kaito looked around the room, asking Maki about different weapons. "What's the suitcase over there?" I looked to where he was pointing and saw a silver suitcase on a shelf near a training unit. "Why don't you open it and find out?" Maki told him.

He walked over to the suitcase and opened it, revealing parts for a crossbow. "Can you teach me how to put it together?" He asked Maki. She nodded and leaned over his shoulder, telling him where to put what.

Shuichi and I watched, and I smiled. Maki was finally comfortable with talking to other people.

Once Kaito finished the crossbow, he held it up. "Whoa, this is so cool!" Maki nodded. "Right. To disassemble it, you just need to do the steps backwards." This seemed to surprise Kaito. "U-uh, I'm suddenly feeling sick again, so I'll have to go." He quickly left the room. I sighed and followed him, just in case he actually was feeling sick.

Second Person POV

Once you and Kaito left the research lab, Maki turned to Shuichi. "You know why I called you here, right?" He nodded, looking to the floor. "So Kaito and I would make up, right?"

She leaned on the wall. "He's just stubborn, and you don't think you need to apologise, right?" Shuichi looked up at her. "Well, if I didn't reveal the truth, then we all would've died!" Maki agreed, but she still wanted Kaito and Shuichi to at least speak to each other again.

"I brought Y/N because.. they're better with this kind of thing. They know people's feelings and minds, unlike me." She looked up at Shuichi. "I just... would rather you guys talk to each other again."

Meanwhile, you and Kaito were outside, and he was vomiting up blood in his hand. "We have to go to the washroom!" You said. In pure desperation, you lifted Kaito on your back and sprinted back to the school.

"Aren't I heavy?" He asked you. You shook your head. "Although, that could be the adrenaline speaking."

You put him down in front of the washroom sink and he continued vomiting blood, staining the sink pink. You quickly ran to your research lab and grabbed a water bottle. We have to get outta here fast. Kaito needs medical help. You walked into the washroom and gave Kaito the water bottle.

He took a long sip, emptying half of the water bottle.

"Now, what's the deal between you and Shuichi?" He looked at you and sighed. "I'm just... frustrated, is all." You tilted your head. "We're all upset about Gonta, so why are you taking it out on Shuichi?" He shrugged. "I'm not sure... it's not like I think it's his fault." You sighed and straightened up.

You helped Kaito go to his room. You haven't seen Kokichi for the whole day now. You wondered what he was up to.

First Person POV