Escape Attempt

Ding dong, bing bong.

I looked up to the source of the sound. "Was that the bell?" Shuichi gasped. "Guys, look, the monitor!" We looked at the monitor and it showed the Monokubs sitting on a couch. "Everyone make your way to the gym, please! It's time for the opening ceremony."

We made our way to the gym, which also had plants growing in it. "It seems like all 17 of us are here." Kirumi said. Kaito smiled with his hands on his hips. "It's pretty spectacular seeing 17 of us Ultimates altogether." I nodded in agreement. Kiyo chuckled. "You may not be able to be so easygoing for much longer."

Tsumugi put her finger on her cheek. "In this situation, it's best not to think. So Tsumugi stopped thinking for now." I looked at her in confusion. What?

"Pardon me, but we need to be on our guard. We don't know when danger will strike." Kiibo reminded me. Kokichi whimpered. "Don't say that... I'm so scared... I don't know what to do..." I looked down at Kokichi, but then I heard Angie talk. "Don't worry, Atua will protect us!" And there she goes with Atua again.

"Phew! That's a relief!" Kokichi exclaimed enthusiastically. Right now, I'm not in the mood to check if he's lying. Either way, I wasn't able to because, "Is your brain full of weeds or something? I'll whack 'em out of that skull of yours." Miu blurted.

"Don't worry about it, just leave it to me." Kaito cracked his knuckles. "If those teddy bears show up again, I'll kick their butts!"

Gonta's eyes widened. "Wait. What that?" I listened. "It sounds like..." My eyes widened this time as I heard the sound of robots powering up from where Rantaro and Kokichi were standing. I quickly pull Kokichi by the arm and Rantaro by the shirt as the robots appear where they were just standing.

"Whoa, you're reflexes are insane." Rantaro muttered. I stepped back as Gonta stepped in front. "Everyone, behind Gonta!" I pulled Kokichi back, but I noticed this certain glint in his eye. "Whoaaaa. So cool!" He marveled. I peered at his face in utter disbelief. That thing almost killed him!

"These are Exisals. Highly mobile, bipedal weapon platforms." Weapons. "Hey, didn't someone say they were going to kick their butts?" Maki said to Kaito. "Well, no one told me about these!"

I examined the Exisals. They have guns but they're not pointed. "I don't think we're in any danger here, so don't worry." I assured.

Rantaro walked up to the Exisals. "So what do you want from us? There's gotta be something, right? With those guns, I think you're gonna tell us to do something or we get hurt, right?" Hey, isn't assuming people's thought my job? "Okay, okay we'll tell you. It's a killing game!" My eyes widened. A killing game?

I held onto Gonta's bicep as the Exisals suddenly started fighting amongst themselves, calling each other "jabroni''. "Are they really getting it on right in front of us?" Kiibo nodded in agreement. "We've gotta get out of here before-"

"Now, now, now."

I flinched at the sudden new voice. "Gonta hear something." I hummed in agreement. "My cute little cubs, you've gotta stop this useless fighting." The Monokubs got out of their exisals. "Father?" The red one yelled. Father? They have a father now?

The lights in the gymnasium shut off as I held Gonta tighter. I felt a hand on my shoulder. The lights turned back on and it was Angie. Even Atua can't keep her from being scared. I put my hand over hers as a light shone on stage. A bear, barely bigger than the Monokubs appeared. He was half white, half black and had wings, although those disappeared quite quickly.

"I am the god of this new world, and the headmaster of the Ultimate Academy!" I let go of Gonta as I straightened up and bit my lip. "The one... the only... Monokuma!" Do they all start with "Mono"? The Monokubs started calling him "father", "papa kuma", and such while he gushed over how cute they were. What is happening?